Direct Pay Form Instructions
- Enter the requested information in the form.
Payee: Type the name of the individual or company to whom payment should be issued.
Address: Provide the address to which payment should be mailed. (For direct deposit, provide the mailing address of the individual or company.)
Description: Provide a characterization of the transaction.
Business purpose: Provide the explanation why the payment is being made and how the payment supports the objectives of the University, college, academic department or administrative office.
Additional information: Answer the questions listed in the additional information section of the form.
Fund/Orgn/Acct/Actv: Enter the valid Fund, Orgn and Acct numbers in the fields provided. The Actv is optional.
Amount: Enter the amount to be allocated to each Fund/Orgn/Acct/Actv combination.
Financial manager signature: The Direct Pay Form may be printed for physical signature. Financial managers may also provide approval by email or electronic signature.
- Save supporting documentation electronically.
- Submit the completed form and supporting documentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Misunderstood Points
- A copy of the direct pay form is not mailed with a check.
- You should not copy the exact description from the supporting documentation directly to the direct pay form. Instead, provide a description of the goods or services in layman’s terms.
- The Fund, Orgn and Acct are each comprised of a five-digit number for a total of 15 digits.
- Only authorized financial managers may approve a direct pay form for payment.
- Accounts Payable does not call or fax orders to vendors.
- Departments should make any desired photocopies of forms.