Teacher and Education Fair
Networking Game Night
The USI Internship and Career Fair is an opportunity to connect students looking for internships and jobs with employers from across the region. This in-person event is held each spring and fall and features over 100 organizations. Students of all grade levels can network and learn more about potential career opportunities. This fair is open to all majors.
The Regional Teacher Recruitment fair held every spring at USI is one of the largest in the area. Representatives from school districts attend the fair to recruit upperclassmen and recent graduates. This partnership provides greater opportunities to connect students from these schools with school districts from across the nation.
USI Students can register to attend the fair and find more details on Career Launch. You should plan to dress professionally and bring 10 or more copies of your resume. School districts may choose to do same-day interviews at the fair.
Reasons To Attend Teacher Recruitment Fair
- Potential career opportunities - School districts come to campus specifically to recruit USI students. They will have information about their current openings, which should be listed on Career Launch so you can do your research before the fair.
- Networking - Employers like meeting students face to face. This is your chance to shine! It is sometimes hard to get an interview at the most desirable schools, but everyone gets a chance to chat with employers at a career fair.
- Attending the fair is a great way to get in a professional frame of mind. You will have the chance to dress professionally, introduce yourself to others, hear some of the questions employers and students are asking each other. This can help give you insight into how to prepare for a formal interview.
- Underclassmen should attend the fair to get familiar with how a career fair works. When you are looking for an internship or job you will be prepared and know what to expect!
- Even if you know where you will be working following graduation, it doesn't hurt to network with other companies and employers. You never know when opportunity will come knocking.
Each fall, usually the first week of classes, we host this fair to connect students with companies hiring for part-time jobs. Positions must be less than 25 hours per week and flexible to work with a student's class schedule. Students can find more details on Career Launch. Employers can contact us to register.
Event schedules vary each semester. View upcoming events
Our annual law enforcement and investigative careers panel presentation. Professionals representing local, state and federal organizations will speak about their education, experience, internships, the agencies they work for, and how you can prepare for similar careers. The discussion will be followed with time to meet one-on-one with presenters.
Local professionals will speak about their careers, organizations, and what type of majors you need to work for their companies. The discussion will be followed with time to meet one-on-one with presenters.
Our non-profit careers panel presentation. Local professionals will speak about their education, experience, internships, the agencies they work for, and how you can prepare for similar careers. The discussion will be followed by time to meet one-on-one with the presenters.
Current and former interns will speak about their experiences, what they learned, how they acquired an internship, and how they feel it will benefit their careers.
Network with local employers at this informal fun game night. Play games like Jenga, Cornhole, and others while you learn more about careers in various industries.
This workshop will cover the topics of traditional job hunting and how to amplify results. It will dive deeply into more advanced methods including virtual networking and the power of proactively networking. Watch your email or USI Career Launch for upcoming workshops.
We provide this opportunity for employers to come on campus and meet USI students. They will promote job and internship opportunities within their organizations. Tables are generally located inside or outside of the University Center. But may also be found in the lobby of a specific college. Students can get more details on the Career Launch Events tab.
Employers use this opportunity to meet potential employees or interns. On-campus information sessions can be group sessions or 1:1 meetings between students and recruiters. These events might also include an employer Open House on or off-campus for specific majors. Watch your USI email, Career Launch and our social media for more details.
Drop by our table and have your resume reviewed on-the-spot prior to the fall career fairs. No appointment is needed. Bring a paper copy of your resume along or a digital version with your laptop. Watch your email or USI Career Launch for upcoming workshops.