The committee is composed of one elected faculty representative from each academic college, one elected faculty representative from Rice Library and three elected at-large faculty members. Members of the committee must be of associate rank or higher.
The committee will review and recommend applications for academic promotion for any application which:
1) recommendations from the department, college, library, chair, and/or dean lack agreement.
2) the applicant requests an additional review. In such case, applicants must request a review within 7 business days of written notification of their dean's or director's formal recommendation to the Provost.
During review, functions of the committee are:
- To receive applications for academic promotions from the deans or directors of the various colleges or library.
- To acknowledge in writing to the individual under consideration the receipt of the promotion application.
- To review pertinent information concerning any applicant's qualifications and render a recommendation regarding its merit. The merit of an applicant's portfolio shall only be measured using the guidelines for promotion published by the University and the applicant's department, college or the library.
- To inform each applicant in writing of the committee's recommendation.
- To forward the recommendations in D (above) to the Provost.
Romain College of Business
College of Liberal Arts
College of Nursing & Health Professions
Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education
Rice Library & Affiliated Faculty