The committee is composed of one faculty member from each academic college, one at-large faculty member, and three student members appointed by the Student Government Association. The president may appoint ex-officio members to the committee. Functions of the committee are:
A. To review and recommend general University policies dealing with
- Admissions, retention, and academic standards.
- University scholarships, awards, and honors.
- Student assessment of the total learning environment.
- Student academic advisement.
- Student appeals related to behavior with respect to curriculum and instruction.
B. To make final decisions in the appeal cases of students denied admission or readmission through ordinary University channels.
C. To select the recipients of University-wide awards, including the President's Medal
D. To monitor and report statistics in the committee’s end-of-year report about student applicants for awards, particularly in terms of the students’ colleges.
College of Liberal Arts
Romain College of Business
College of Nursing & Health Professions
Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education