Deaconess Office Visit Plan (OVC)
The Deaconess Office Visit Plan (OVC) is a plan offered through the UHC for USI students.
The plan is automatically included for those living on campus. Those living off campus can opt-in for $100 per semester.
The fee is added to your USI tuition bill each semester and/summer session and is listed as Deaconess Office Visit Plan.
Services covered at no cost include:
- Unlimited office visits
- One physical per academic year
- In office point of care tests including flu, strep, mono, urinalysis and pregnancy.
- One annual flu shot
- Unlimited Telehealth visits
The OVP does not take the place of medical insurance. However, it can be used by students who do have insurance to help save from copays or deductibles.
Enrolling or Withdrawing from the OVP
All students living in University housing are required by University policy to be enrolled in the OVP. If you live in University housing the OVP fee is automatically charged to your account for every semester that you are consecutively enrolled at USI. Students who move out of University housing may request to drop the OVP. See the paragraph below regarding deadline dates.
Students living off campus may submit an online form. The OVP fee of $100 will then be charged to your account for every semester that you are consecutively enrolled at USI.
To be eligible for a credit, cancellation, or refund of the current semester’s health services fee, drop requests must be received in the University Health Center by the dates listed below. The student must not have used the services of the University Health Center within the first four weeks of the current semester. Drop requests received after these dates will take effect the following semester. Students cannot drop the plan as long as they live in University housing.
- Friday, September 15, 2023, for the fall 2023 semester
- Friday, February 2, 2024, for the spring 2024 semester
- Friday, May 13, 2024 for Summer Session 1
- Friday, July 24, 2024 for Summer Session 2
Students who have withdrawn from the OVP may request to be reinstated by contacting the University Health Center office at 812-465-1250.
Services related to hospitalization, surgical procedures, referrals to specialists, and accident care (typically "insured services") are not covered by the Office Visit Plan.
Students are expected to have their own health insurance to pay these expenses.
Patients will be responsible for verifying insurance requirements and coverage for specialist referrals and referrals for additional laboratory or radiology services.
Many students are covered by their parents' insurance.
Students who are married or who are no longer considered dependents on a family policy will need their own health insurance policies. We highly recommend you always have health insurance.
Responsibilities of the student who incurs charges at the University Health Center are as follows:
- If you have private health insurance, you must present your card upon check-in, and the University Health Center will file an insurance claim to your insurance carrier. It is the patient's responsibility to be aware of any specific requirements about their insurance coverage.
- If the patient does not have health insurance, payment is expected in full is expected at the time of service. For those patients without insurance, a discount will be applied.
MasterCard and Visa are accepted. If it is impossible for payment to be made on that date, payment is expected in full within 30 days.
- Questions about bills received from the University Health Center should be directed to the billing department at Deaconess Patient Financial Services at 812-450-6815 or 812-450-6816.
- Failure to pay will result in the account being turned over to a collection agency.