Nominations for the 2023 “Distinguished Student Award” are now being accepted. The deadline for nomination is Tuesday, May 9, 2023.
Students must be nominated by a USI faculty or staff member. Students must have started at USI as an undergraduate freshman or transfer student during Spring 2022, Summer 2022, Fall 2023 or Spring 2023. We want to recognize students who excel in one or more of the following areas:
- Academics (strong interest in learning, setting and accomplishing academic goals)
- Leadership (providing mentorship to others, taking on roles of responsibility)
- Service (dedicating time to community betterment, advocating for a cause, displaying citizenship)
- Ethics (standing up against poor treatment of others, showing good judgement in troubling situations)
- Personal growth (overcoming obstacles and roadblocks, a moment of strong maturity)
- Notable selflessness (providing for others in a moment of need, assisting in a role that receives little to no recognition)
- Innovation/Creativity (shown in ideas generated, projects created, approach to an issue)
If you know a current freshman or transfer student whom would serve as a great role model for the incoming class, please take time to submit this nomination form. We will select several students and want a broad representation from campus. Nominated students are notified of their nominated and will be asked to provide some additional information about what they have accomplished or been involved with at USI to supplement the faculty or staff nomination. This award comes with a $1,000 scholarship.
Questions? Contact New Student and Transitional Programs, 812-465-7167 or firstname.lastname@example.org.