In plain language, the USI policy means that:
- Students (and faculty/staff) may not have alcohol in their possession on campus, including in Housing & Residence Life.
- You may not consume alcohol on campus.
- If you cause a disturbance or cause damage to property while under the influence (drunk or high) on campus, you will be in violation of campus policy.
- You may not provide alcohol to anyone under the age of 21.
- No one may drive on campus or in a University vehicle while under the influence.
- You may not have alcohol containers on campus, including in Housing & Residence Life. This includes empty bottles/cans, "souvenir" bottles even if empty, and beer bongs.
- You may not have illicit substances on campus, including marijuana or prescription drugs that were not prescribed to you. You may also not have any drug paraphernalia (i.e. bongs).
- Even if you are not consuming alcohol or using drugs, if you are in the presence of alcohol and/or drugs, you may be held responsible for a violation. This is part of the Community Standards Policy.
- If you are under age 21 and are found responsible for a Code violation for alcohol, the University may notify your parents via a letter.
- If you are found responsible for a Code violation for drugs at any age, the University may notify your parents via a letter.
For the official USI policy, see the Code of Student Behavior. If you have questions about the Code of Conduct, please contact the Dean of Students Office.