Skip to content
Contact USI

USI is Proud to Offer In-State Tuition Rates for ALL Chapter 33 Recipients in addition to Section 702 of the Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act of 2014 (“Choice Act”).  See the VMFRC for information.

Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill®) The Post-9/11 GI Bill® provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.

Steps required to receive benefits under Chapter 33:

1. Complete a new application by selecting this Application Link

2. Submit a copy of your DD-214 to USI Military & Family Resource Center

3. Complete the USI Semester VA Education Benefit Request Form . The USI Semester VA Education Benefit Request Form must be processed prior to each semester attended; failure to do so will delay payment of your benefits.

Click the link below to get the most updated information on the:

Post 9/11 GI Bill®

Click the link to complete the USI Semester VA Education Benefit Request Form (NOTE:This is completed AFTER you have applied, received and provided a copy of your VA Certification of Eligibility.  This form MUST be completed each semester you want to file a claim.)

Please note: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at

How Do I Apply for an In-State Exception:

  1. To begin the process, eligible students must notify the Veteran Military and Family Resource Center (VMFRC) or Admission Office tor the Office of Admissions.  At this time, you may provide documentation to confirm eligibility.
    • Depending on the student’s particular circumstances, the documentation required to establish eligibility may include a Certificate of Eligibility from US Department of Veterans Affairs for Post-9/11 or Montgomery GI Bill®; Indiana National Guard ID Card; Permanent Change of Station orders; proof of address; and/or DD-214 Certificate of Discharge from Active Duty, marriage or birth certificate, or adoption papers.
  2. Complete a Residency Appeal Form
  3. Return this form to the VMFRC with the appropriate documentation
    • The VMFRC will include a support letter with your documentation and forward it to the Admissions Office.