How to Request Volunteers
For Approval to Promote, Your Volunteer Opportunity Must:
- Have at least 7-10 volunteer slots still open (or Volunteer USI must have a separate opportunity in the queue that can be promoted in the same email)
- Be submitted for review at least 14 days prior to the date you need confirmed volunteers
- Volunteer USI may combine multiple opportunities into one email promotion and/or may wait between promotions so that they are not sent too frequently. 'Requests for Volunteers' are usually sent between 4 days to 3 weeks prior to the date the volunteers are needed.
- Include a sign-up/registration method handled by your office/organization
- Volunteer USI may promote volunteer opportunities, but does not handle volunteer registration or coordination for other organizations
- Specify the required information below
Required Information for Volunteer Requests
- Approximate number of volunteers needed (can be a range)
- Date of Volunteer Opportunity
- Location of Volunteer Opportunity
- Time/Hours (if 4 hrs or more, we recommend offering options for shorter shifts of 2-3 hrs)
- Example: If needing volunteers for event setup, registration, operation, and tear-down, split shifts/sign-ups by those categories and list times, activities and requirements for each (i.e. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 15 lbs.)
- Details about the event/need
- Details about what the volunteers will be doing
- i.e. Event setup, registration, check-in, tear-down, etc.
- i.e. Must be able to stand for long periods, Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs., Must be 18 years +, Background Check required, etc.
- Instructions if Applicable
- i.e. Bring your own work gloves and water bottle, wear sunscreen, wear supportive or closed-toe shoes, etc.
- Contact: Name, email and phone number
- How to Sign-up to Volunteer (i.e. If not by contacting the above person, include registration link, etc.)
Please note: Submitting a request that meets the above guidelines does not guarantee that Volunteer USI will be able to accommodate it.
Assistant Director, Alumni Relations and Volunteer USI