Thank you for your interest in the University of Southern Indiana.
We look forward to meeting you!
Below are the admission requirements and information about your academic history that is considered in our evaluation process. As a transfer student, we'll want to see the transcripts from the colleges you've attended and any other college credit you've earned. Let us know if you have any questions, we can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 812-464-1765. Our office is open weekdays from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. central time.
Undergraduate Admission Process and Requirements
Apply for admissions to the University of Southern Indiana by completing our online application. There is a $40 application fee.
In evaluating applications for transfer admission, academic performance at each college attended is considered.
If the applicant has less than 24 transferable hours, they will also be required to submit final high school transcripts and may also be required to submit either the SAT or ACT exam scores.
*Students age 21+ are not required to submit SAT or ACT exam scores.
Official transcripts from any and all previously attended post-secondary institutions must be submitted for review. Transfer applicants should have a minimum cumulative average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Transfer Credit Evaluation
If admission is granted, notification is sent regarding how to access the transfer evaluation online. Students may run a degree audit with Degree Works (accessible from MyUSI) or contact academic departments to learn which courses are needed to receive a specific degree from USI. For questions regarding the transferability of credits, contact Mara Ansbro, Credentials Analyst, at 812-465-7171 or 800-467-1965, or refer to www.transferin.net.
During heavy application times, it takes approximately 2-3 weeks to process an application and make an admission decision, once all materials have been received. If you have submitted an application more than three weeks ago and have not received a letter, check on the status of your application.
The University of Southern Indiana reviews applications on a rolling basis, which means decisions are made after we receive all your application materials. We recommend students apply early to maximize opportunities! Applications submitted after the priority deadlines will be considered on a space-available basis.
2022-2023 Academic Year
- October 1 – FAFSA becomes available
- October 20 - AwardSpring Scholarship Application deadline for USI Foundation scholarships
- November 15– Presidential Scholarship application deadline
- November 15 – Baccalaureate Doctor of Medicine (B/MD) Scholarship application deadline
- December 1 (Subject to change) – Harolyn Torain Multicultural Leadership Scholarship application deadline
- December 1 – Housing applications and contracts for 2023-2024 become available
- April 15 – Deadline to file FAFSA for Indiana state aid
- May 1 – Deadline to cancel 2023-2024 housing contract without penalty, Deadline to refund enrollment deposit.