Promoting Your USI Event
Once you have confirmed a space for your event with USI Special Events and Scheduling, there are several ways you can help promote your event.
Add your event to the University Calendar. Be sure to fill out all fields, especially event descriptions and photo. Updating the University Calendar also ensures your event will be considered for the following communications channels:
- USI Today, faculty and staff internal website and e-newsletter
- External press release distribution, if open to the public
- The SOURCE student activities newsletter
- Possible inclusion in "This Week at USI" Instagram Stories on the USI flagship account
Be sure to submit photography or graphics to go with your event promotion or request images from Photography and Multimedia.
Closed Circuit Televisions
Fill out a Yodeck Digital Signage form (formerly SYMON System) to get messages approved to be featured on closed circuit television screens around campus.
Posters, Flyers and Yard Signs
Contact University Creative and Print for help with poster, flyer, and yard sign creation and printing. Contact Special Events and Scheduling to have posters and flyers approved for placement on bulletin boards around campus. View a map of approved yard sign locations here.
Use Presence, an online management tool USI students use to manage their co-curricular activities at USI. Presence can be accessed using your myUSI username and password.
Communicate through social media channels. USI has six official flagship University accounts and hashtags, and many departments have accounts already in place as well. A full list of accounts can be found at www.usi.edu/social-media.
Paid Advertising and Promos
To buy paid advertising or get promos in campus media, contact the outlet directly.
- The Shield, USI's student-run newspaper and online publication
- 95.7 The Spin, USI's student-run radio station
- Access USI, USI's student-run television station
To purchase external advertising contact USI Marketing at 812-464-1755.