Master of Science in Sport Management
Currently Accepting Applications!
Apply by 06/10/22 | Start Class 06/27/22
Offered by the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education at USI, the 100% online Master of Science in Sport Management will ensure you develop the skills and knowledge to advance your career in the sport and recreation industry.
Our affordable and flexible program is designed for individuals who have completed a bachelor's degree from an accredited university in subjects such as sport management, marketing, business administration, communications, or related fields.
The Master of Science in Sport Management degree program at the University of Southern Indiana has received specialized accreditation through the Commission of Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) located in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA.
33 Credit Hours
Complete within a year.
- Submit an online application and a $40 application fee.
- Upload a current resume/CV with the names and contact information of three references to your application account.
- Submit official transcripts to Graduate Studies.
- International applicants may be required to submit additional information.
Courses within the MSSM are offered entirely online using a learning management system. Access to a reliable computer with internet access is required.
- Acquire knowledge and skills across a diverse set of professional environments.
- Gain the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively.
- Learn to work with diverse groups and organizations.
- Develop skills to promote equality and social justice from local to international levels.
- Learn to successfully engage with others as a professional in the sport industry.
The MSSM requires 33 graduate credit hours. All courses within the MSSM are three credit hours and seven weeks long.
Courses can be taken in an accelerated version, where students take two courses (six credit hours) per a seven-week term. The accelerated option allows students to finish the MSSM within one academic year.
MSSM students may also take courses in our alternative option, which allows students to take one course (three credit hours) per a seven-week term. The alternative option allows students to finish the MSSM within two academic years.
Courses are designed using the Quality Matters Rubric Standards based on best practices and research for course design.
Required Courses (33 credit hours)
- SPTM 592: Contemporary Issues in Sport and Exercise
- SPTM 604: Sport Facility and Event Management
- SPTM 605: Dimensions of Diversity and Society in Sport Organizations
- SPTM 633: Sport Marketing
- SPTM 652: Sport Budgets & Fiscal Practices
- SPTM 653: Sport Law
- SPTM 664: Research Methods and Statistics in Sport Management
- SPTM 688: Strategic Sport Communication
- MKTG 601: Marketing Strategies
- MNGT 601: Human Resource Management
- MNGT 611: Leadership Skills and Innovation
All courses listed are three (3) credit hours.
|Course Start||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline|