If your responses are yes, AHEC Scholars may be designed just for you.
The AHEC Scholars program is designed to give health professions students a deeper understanding of rural and urban healthcare, caring for underserved populations, and the importance of practice transformation in a clinical care setting. Timing of the team-based community experiences will be dependent upon the selected cohort’s availability.
Students in the final two years of an accredited health professions program, including two-year degree programs, are eligible to apply to be an AHEC Scholar.
Eligible programs include (not an exhaustive list) medicine, nursing, physician assistant, public health, social work, physical therapy, occupational therapy, dental, dental hygiene and other allied health programs.
- Priority Application deadline is June 30, 2020
- Regular Application deadline is July 31, 2020
- Begins September 2020 and continues for two academic years (through May 2022)
- Includes 40 hours of didactic content (online/asynchronous)
- Provides 40 hours of community-based, experiential learning with team members
- Pays a $750/year stipend to participants meeting requirements each year
If you have any questions, please email Krista Kercher at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 812-464-1994.
“Through community experiences and interactive online lessons, our AHEC Scholars group is exploring both national and local public health issues, and their impact on patients.”
– Samantha Mackey
Doctorate of Physical Therapy Student
University of Evansville