Increase Your Impact, Earnings, and Expertise with an Online Master of Health Administration Degree.
Offered by the College of Nursing and Health Professions at USI, the 100% online Master of Health Administration (MHA) will prepare you for leadership roles in healthcare. Choose from two concentration options of Post-Acute Care Leadership or Healthcare Leadership.
Our affordable and flexible program is designed for individuals who have a bachelor's degree and desire to diversify their leadership skills or obtain a leadership position in the healthcare field.
The online MHA will develop leaders that will strive to provide high-quality, cost-effective, and accessible healthcare in their communities.
The MHA program hosts an annual leadership breakfast seminar every September for students, alumni, faculty, and others in the healthcare community on the USI campus.
Study abroad opportunities to Germany are also available through the USI-Osnabrück partnership!
Tuition & Fees Get Started!
What Can You Do With a MHA?
Once you complete our program, you’ll discover new opportunities to careers such as:
We are on a rolling admissions basis, so you can apply at any time with our six convenient start dates throughout the academic year!
- Submit an online application and $40 application fee.
- Upload a current resume to your application account.
- Submit official transcripts to Graduate Studies.
- Official electronic transcripts are preferred and can be emailed from the previous institution to Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
- Mailed transcripts can be sent to this address:
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47712
- International applicants may be required to submit additional information.
- All courses are offered online and are convenient for working adults.
- There are six enrollment and start dates throughout the year!
- An annual leadership seminar is offered for networking and further learning opportunities.
- A study abroad opportunity to Germany is available through the USI-Osnabrück partnership!
All MHA courses are offered online using the Blackboard course management system and are seven (7) weeks in duration. Courses are designed using the Quality Matters Rubric Standards based on best practices and research for course design.
It is our intent that students from all diverse backgrounds and perspectives be well served in the MHA program, that students’ learning needs be addressed, and that the diversity that students bring to the program be viewed as a resource, strength and benefit. It is our intent to present materials and activities that are respectful of diversity: gender, sexuality, disability, age, socioeconomic status, ethnicity, race, and culture. Your suggestions are always encouraged and appreciated.
Program Curriculum for the Master of Health Administration
Students can complete the MHA program in an accelerated (1 year) format, or a standard (2 year) format!
You may complete this master's program by either enrolling in two courses per 7-week bi-term (the accelerated option) or by enrolling in one course per 7-week bi-term (the standard option).
Each course within the MHA program is three (3) credit hours, and seven weeks in duration. Courses are designed using the Quality Matters Rubric Standards based on best practices and research for course design.
Students will complete the 27 credit hours of the MHA core, and choose the remaining 9 credit hours from one of the three concentrations listed below.
All students must complete the required MHA Core.
- MHA 621 - The Health Services System
- MHA 622 - Biostatistics
- MHA 623 - Quality Improvement in Healthcare
- MHA 624 - Applied Economic Analysis in Healthcare
- MHA 625 - Competitive Strategies in Healthcare
- MHA 628 - Managerial Epidemiology
- MHA 633 - Human Resources and Labor Relations Management in Healthcare
- MHA 642 - Health Informatics
- MHA 655 - Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Aging
Students then choose to complete the remaining 9 credit hours in one of the following concentrations:
- Healthcare Leadership Concentration
- Health Informatics Concentration
- Post-Acute Care (PAC) Leadership Concentration
- MHA 626 - Legal and Ethical Issues in Healthcare
- MHA 637 - Healthcare Leadership
- MHA 643 - Healthcare Finance
- MHA 645 - Health Data: Interoperability and Standards
- MHA 646 - Health Information Systems: Design and Decision Making
- MHA 647 - Health Data: Privacy and Security
- MHA 656 - Health Policy & Aging
- MHA 657 - Regulatory Standards in Post-Acute Care
- MHA 658 - Finance and Post-Acute Care
Earn Your Master of Health Administration on Your Time
Our 100% online Master of Science in Health Administration program gives you the freedom to schedule your coursework around your availability. We are on a rolling admission basis meaning you don't have to wait to begin your journey to earning your MHA.
|Course Start||Application Deadline||Registration Deadline|
Get Started on Your Online Master of Health Administration.
Take the next step on your journey at the University of Southern Indiana. Start your online MHA application or request more information today.