Master of Health Administration
Currently Accepting Applications!
Apply by 06/22/22 | Start Class 06/27/22
Offered by the College of Nursing and Health Professions at USI, the 100% online Master of Health Administration (MHA) will prepare you for leadership roles in healthcare. Choose from two concentration options of Post-Acute Care Leadership or Healthcare Leadership.
Our affordable and flexible program is designed for individuals who have a bachelor's degree and desire to diversify their leadership skills or obtain a leadership position in the healthcare field.
The online MHA will develop leaders that will strive to provide high-quality, cost-effective, and accessible healthcare in their communities.
The MHA program hosts an annual leadership breakfast seminar every September for students, alumni, faculty, and others in the healthcare community on the USI campus.
Study abroad opportunities to Germany are also available through the USI-Osnabrueck partnership!
Earning your Master of Health Administration from USI will open doors to opportunities such as:
Students can complete the MHA program in an accelerated (1 year) format, or a standard (2 year) format!
You may complete this master's program by either enrolling in two courses per 7-week bi-term (the accelerated option) or by enrolling in one course per 7-week bi-term (the standard option).
Each course within the MHA program is three (3) credit hours, and seven weeks in duration. Courses are designed using the Quality Matters Rubric Standards based on best practices and research for course design.
All students must complete the required MHA Core (27 Credit Hours).
- MHA 621 - The Health Services System
- MHA 622 - Biostatistics
- MHA 623 - Quality Improvement in Healthcare
- MHA 624 - Applied Economic Analysis in Healthcare
- MHA 625 - Competitive Strategies in Healthcare
- MHA 628 - Managerial Epidemiology
- MHA 633 - Human Resources and Labor Relations Management in Healthcare
- MHA 642 - Health Informatics
- MHA 655 - Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Aging
Students then choose to complete the remaining 9 credit hours in either the Healthcare Leadership Concentration or the Post-Acute Care (PAC) Leadership Concentration.
9 Credit Hours
- MHA 626 - Legal and Ethical Issues in Healthcare
- MHA 637 - Healthcare Leadership
- MHA 643 - Healthcare Finance
9 Credit Hours
- MHA 656 - Health Policy & Aging
- MHA 657 - Regulatory Standards in Post-Acute Care
- MHA 658 - Finance and Post-Acute Care
We are on a rolling admissions basis, so you can apply at any time with our six convenient start dates throughout the academic year!
- Submit an online application and $40 application fee.
- Upload a current resume to your application account.
- Submit official transcripts to Graduate Studies.
- International applicants may be required to submit additional information.
- All courses are offered online and are convenient for working adults.
- There are six enrollment and start dates throughout the year!
- An annual leadership conference (tentatively scheduled for fall 2021) is offered for networking and further learning opportunities. Students will physically or virtually participate in at least one leadership conference through the duration of their program.
- A study abroad opportunity to Germany is available through the USI-Osnabrueck partnership!
All MHA courses are offered online using the Blackboard course management system and are seven (7) weeks in duration. Courses are designed using the Quality Matters Rubric Standards based on best practices and research for course design.
It is our intent that students from all diverse backgrounds and perspectives be well served in the MHA program, that students’ learning needs be addressed, and that the diversity that students bring to the program be viewed as a resource, strength and benefit. It is our intent to present materials and activities that are respectful of diversity: gender, sexuality, disability, age, socioeconomic status, ethnicity, race, and culture. Your suggestions are always encouraged and appreciated.
|Course Start||Application Deadline||Registration Deadline|