Board of Trustees
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Boulevard
Evansville, Indiana 47712
The Board of Trustees of University of Southern Indiana urges full-time students to become part of USI history by applying to serve as student trustee. The USI student trustee position is a one-of-a-kind opportunity that allows a student to work closely with USI leadership to shape the University's future. Former student trustees have gone on to careers in medicine, law, business, and higher education.
As one of nine trustees of USI, the student trustee serves a two-year term as a full voting member of the board.
Applications for the 2019–21 term will open spring 2019. Application period for 2017-19 term has CLOSED.
1. Interested students submit applications to the Dean of Students Office no later than Monday, March 13, 2017.
2. The Student Trustee Screening Committee selects applicants to interview.
3. Selected student trustee candidates are invited for interviews with the committee on Tuesday, March 28, 2017. Interviews are mandatory for consideration.
4. After the interviews, in accordance with state law, the screening committee forwards a list of finalists to the governor of Indiana.
5. The governor of Indiana appoints the student trustee.
In addition to the application form, applicants must submit:
Completed applications, along with essay, letters of recommendation and resume are to be turned in to the Dean of Student's Office* or mailed to:
Dean of Students
8600 University Blvd
Evansville, IN 47712
*The Dean of Students Office (DOSO) is located on the main level of University Center East, Room 1229 in Fireside Lounge.