CETL provides support to faculty new to USI through programs specifically designed for new faculty success. These programs and resources are intended to complement programs that colleges and other units offer.
2023 New Faculty Orientation
Message to new faculty members:
We are excited that you will be joining the USI community! The Office of the Provost, Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning (CETL), and Human Resources invite you to participate in New Faculty Orientation. During this three-day program, you will learn about USI, meet members of the USI community, and initiate your path toward success in your new faculty role at USI.
- August 9: Human Resources Orientation for new employees | Forum I
This session is for new employees who have not attended an HR orientation.
- August 10 and 11: New Faculty Orientation | BE 0035
New/recent Adjunct Instructors are invited to attend the sessions on August 11.
Submit your brief Bio
- Campus map
- For Human Resources orientation: Parking Lot B is the closest to the Wright Administration Building (WA) and Forum Wing.
- For NFO sessions on Thursday and Friday: Parking Lot J is adjacent to the Business and Engineering Center (BE) and Parking Lot D is nearest to the Rice Library (RL).
- Reserved handicap spaces are available next to the Orr Center, Business and Engineering Center, and the Rice Library.
Please see the Calendar for details and updates.
- New Faculty Orientation: August 9-11, 2023
- Get Ready! Teaching & Learning Drop-in Sessions: August 14-18
- New Faculty Academy: bi-weekly meetings during the Fall and Spring semesters. The New Faculty Academy (NFA) is a year-long, cohort program designed specifically for first-year faculty members to launch their academic careers at USI.
- Faculty Planning Calendar: Important dates related to teaching, students, and faculty activities (Excel file for 2022-23)
- Faculty Resources Directory
- Programs and services to support teaching and scholarship
- CETL Library
- Individual Consultations