CETL provides support to faculty new to USI through programs specifically designed for new faculty success. These programs and resources are intended to complement programs that colleges and other units offer.
2022 New Faculty Orientation
Message to new faculty members:
We are excited that you will be joining the USI community! The Office of the Provost's Office, Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning (CETL), and Human Resources invite you to participate in the New Faculty Orientation. You are invited because of your new role at USI. During this three-day program, you will learn about USI, meet members of the USI community, and initiate your path toward success at USI.
- August 10: Human Resources Orientation for New Faculty
- August 11 and 12: New Faculty Orientation
New/recent Adjunct Instructors are invited to attend the sessions on August 12.
- Register for Orientation
- Agenda (updated 8.04.22)
- New Faculty Checklist (updated 8.04.22)
- New Faculty Introductions
- Faculty Planning Calendar: Important dates related to teaching, students, and faculty activities (Excel file for 2022-23)
- Faculty Resources Directory
- Campus map and Key locations during Orientation
- For Human Resources orientation: Parking Lot B is the closest to the Wright Administration Building (WA) and Forum Wing.
- During NFO Friday sessions, Parking Lot J is adjacent to the Business and Engineering Center (BE) and Parking Lot D is nearest to the Rice Library (RL).
- Reserved handicap spaces are available next to the Orr Center, Business and Engineering Center, and the Rice Library.
- A Lactation Room is located in the Recreation, Fitness, and Center.
Programs for New Faculty (see the Calendar for details and updates)
- New Faculty Orientation: August 10-12, 2022
- Get Ready! Teaching & Learning Drop-in Sessions: August 17 & 18
- New Faculty Academy: bi-weekly meetings during the Fall and Spring semesters. The New Faculty Academy (NFA) is a year-long, cohort program designed specifically for first-year faculty members to launch their academic careers at USI.
- Programs and services to support teaching and scholarship
- CETL Library
- Connecting with Resources
- Individual Consultations