CETL offers programs and services that provide faculty with opportunities to build community, discuss ideas and issues with colleagues, and engage in reflection, centered on a foundation of USI – teaching and learning. These include:
- Celebration of Teaching & Learning Symposia
- SoTL Fellows Program
- FACT Program (Formative Assessment of Classroom Teaching): Mid-semester student feedback.
- COPUS Classroom Observations: The use of an observation protocol to collect non-evaluative information on what instructors and students are doing during a class period, with a focus on active learning practices.
- Teaching Nests: Facilitate reflection on your own teaching practices by visiting classes taught instructors.
- Faculty Learning Communities (FLCs) in teaching and learning
- Consultations and classroom observations: These include course development, recommendations on specific teaching and learning topics, classroom observations, syllabus reviews, and the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL).
- Thank A Faculty or Staff Member program: Offers current and past USI students a way to express their gratitude to a person who has made a difference in their educational experience.
CETL partners with units across USI in these programmatic areas, including Online Learning, Information Technology, Rice Library, University Division, Institutional Analytics Office (formerly OPRA), and Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (OSPR).
- Syllabus template
- Faculty Planning Calendar and Chairs Planning Calendar
- CETL Library: books and material available for loan
- Teaching & Learning Journals (compiled by Kennesaw State University's CETL)
- Teaching & Learning Conferences (compiled by Kennesaw State University's CETL)
- Past Workshop Slides and Materials
Connect. Learn. Share.
CETL provides supports the education mission of USI by developing and implementing programs for faculty and instructors in their teaching to improve student learning and success. Areas of focus include:
- Best practices and evidence-based instructional practices
- Innovations in teaching and learning
- Scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL)
- Student-centered and inclusive learning environments
- Effective use of instructional technologies
- Assessment and evaluation of teaching and student learning