Connect. Learn. Share.
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) serves to support the success of all faculty and staff contributing directly to the academic mission of USI. CETL provides holistic faculty and educational development by supporting each individual's meaningful impact on student learning and success, teaching excellence, scholarly contributions, service to the USI community, and inclusive leadership.
Overview of CETL programs and services.
News and Updates
- You're invited! The 8th Celebration of Teaching and Learning Symposium will be held at USI on Wednesday, February 14, 2024. Submit your Proposal for presentation by December 1 (early submission) or December 13 (regular submission).
- Syllabus Template: Please review the revisions, which add Safety Procedures and AI tools guidance and revise weblinks and contact information (August 2023).
- AI Tools and Teaching Guidance is available (April 2023).
- New Faculty Orientation: The 2023 New Faculty Orientation will be held on August 10 and 11.
- Faculty Planning Calendar: Important dates related to teaching, students, and faculty activities for 2023-24 (Excel file)
- Tips for Planning the First Day of Class
- Would you like to gather mid-semester feedback from your students? Request a FACT visit.
- Looking for information on the reappointment, promotion, and tenure portfolio? Visit the Provost's Office Personnel Decisions webpage (updated June 2023). Slides from CETL's June 2023 informational webinar.
- The 2022 Scholarly and Creative Works report is available (April 2023).