Connect. Learn. Share.
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) serves to support the success of all faculty and staff contributing directly to the academic mission of USI. CETL provides holistic faculty and educational development by supporting each individual's meaningful impact on student learning and success, teaching excellence, scholarly contributions, service to the USI community, and inclusive leadership.
Overview of CETL programs and services.
News and Updates
Calendar of Events | CETL Weekly Newsletters
- Syllabus Template: Please review the revisions, which add AI tools guidance and revise weblinks and contact information (May 2023)
- AI Tools and Teaching Guidance is available (April 2023)
- The 2022 Scholarly and Creative Works report is available (April 2023)
- Faculty Planning Calendar: Important dates related to teaching, students, and faculty activities (Excel file)
- Would you like to gather mid-semester feedback from your students? Request a FACT visit.
- Celebration of Teaching & Learning Symposium: Thank you to everyone who helped make the 7th annual Symposium a success! Close to 70 participants and presenters from 6 institutions attended on February 16, 2023. You are invited to view the keynote materials and presentation abstracts.
- Open Class Celebration: Faculty Visiting Faculty: Do you ever feel stuck in the same teaching routine? Are you interested in seeing how your colleagues engage students in their classes?
- Looking for information on the reappointment, promotion, and tenure portfolio? Visit the Provost's Office Personnel Decisions webpage (updated June 2022). Slides from CETL's June 2022 informational webinar
- New Faculty Orientation: The 2023 New Faculty Orientation is scheduled for August 10 and 11.
See the Calendar for the additional events.