Are you considering a presentation? Here are the key steps and information to help you.
- View the Call for Proposals for instructions, guidelines, and the review rubric.
- Preview of the Proposal Submission form
- Submit your presentation proposal and abstract by the early or regular deadline. Two rounds of submissions are provided to provide you with flexibility.
- If you prefer and can submit earlier, then you will receive notification before winter break (early submission).
- If you need more time to submit, then you will get your notification by mid-January (regular submission).
- Pick the option that works best for you! Proposals are reviewed the same way, using the same rubric, for both submission periods.
- All proposals are evaluated using a double-blind peer-review process
- Presentation format options include Lightning, Standard, and Poster
- Early submission
- Friday, December 1: Early Deadline for submitting proposals
- Friday, December 15: Notification of early proposals
- Regular submission
- Wednesday, December 13: Regular deadline for submitting proposals
- Friday, January 10: Notification of regular proposals
- Registration opens: Monday, December 18 (free registration)
- Confirm intent to present: Wednesday, January 17
- Revised abstracts due: Wednesday, January 24
- Symposium program available: late January
- Upload presentation files: Tuesday, February 13
- Symposium: Wednesday, February 14
- Open Class Celebration: Faculty Visiting Faculty: dates to be announced, for USI faculty members.
Presentation abstracts and materials may be made available through USI's Scholarly Open Access Repository (SOAR), which is indexed on Google Scholar to provide broader dissemination of our presenters' works.
Back to the Symposium main page