7th Annual Celebration of Teaching and Learning Symposium
Thursday, February 16, 2023 | 9:15 am - 2:45 pm CST
Program | Presentation Abstracts (pdf) | Abstracts (SOAR)
You are invited to participate in the seventh annual Celebration of Teaching & Learning Symposium, planned as an in-person event.
Sponsored by the University of Southern Indiana's Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL).
The Symposium showcases works focusing on improving and transforming student learning, academic success, and curriculum in higher education. It provides opportunities to share teaching and learning efforts as the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) or Teaching Practice.
A keynote presentation by Dr. Sushilla Knottenbelt (University of New Mexico) will be presented during the luncheon. The program also includes lightning, standard, and poster presentations.
The Symposium will provide you with opportunities to engage with other participants across disciplines and areas of work. Benefits include the opportunity to share and get feedback on your work, spark new ideas, make your teaching scholarship visible, and initiate or strengthen connections.
- Share your efforts in supporting student learning and success and advancing your teaching practice.
- Gain knowledge of evidence-based strategies and technologies that support student learning and success across settings and disciplines.
- Foster reflection on your teaching practice, including improving and measuring student learning.
- Interact with participants across disciplines and institutions.
We are excited to welcome Dr. Sushilla Knottenbelt from the University of New Mexico as this year's keynote speaker! She will present "Lessons from the Student Experience Project: Low lift strategies to increase student engagement, improve educational outcomes and reduce equity gaps."
View the keynote abstract and meet Dr. Knottenbelt.
- 9:15 am Registration and Coffee
- 9:40 am Welcome
- 10-10:45 am Standard Presentations
- 11-11:50 am Standard and Lightning Presentations
- 12-1:15 pm Keynote Luncheon
- 1:15-1:50 pm Poster Presentations and Dessert
- 2-2:45 pm Standard Presentations
Register to attend the Symposium by February 13 to be entered in the door prize drawing.
Event Location and Parking
- The Symposium will be held in University Center East, 2nd floor. This building is connected to the Performance Center, is near the Welcome Center, and is across from the Screaming Eagles arena.
- Entrances to University Center East are through the Performance Center and the breezeway with "The Cone" structure.
- Parking Lot C is the closest to the event. Parking is free.
- Accessible parking spaces are available next to the Rice Library and in Parking Lots C and N.
Call for Proposals (closed)
Information for presenters
View the key dates here.
Presentation abstracts and materials are available through USI's Scholarly Open Access Repository (SOAR), which is indexed on Google Scholar to provide broader dissemination and additional visibility of our presenters' works.
2023 Symposium Committee
2023 Symposium Sponsors
The Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning (CETL) is proud to offer the sixth Celebration of Teaching & Learning Symposium. We are grateful for the support provided by the Office of the Provost, David L. Rice Library, and Online Learning.