8th Annual Celebration of Teaching and Learning Symposium
Wednesday, February 14, 2023 | 9:15 am - 2:45 pm CST (time to be confirmed)
University Center East, Evansville, IN
You are invited to submit proposals for the eighth annual Celebration of Teaching & Learning Symposium, hosted on-campus at the University of Southern Indiana. The Symposium welcomes works focusing on improving and transforming student learning, academic success, and curriculum in higher education as we celebrate the love for teaching and learning. It provides opportunities to share teaching and learning efforts framed as Teaching Practice or the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL).
The program will include lightning, standard, and poster presentations, along with a keynote presentation and luncheon.
The Symposium will provide you with opportunities to engage with other participants across disciplines and areas of work. Benefits include the opportunity to share and get feedback on your work, spark new ideas, make your teaching scholarship visible, and initiate or strengthen connections.
- Share your efforts in supporting student learning and success and advancing your teaching practice.
- Gain knowledge of evidence-based strategies and technologies that support student learning and success across settings and disciplines.
- Foster reflection on your teaching practice, including improving and measuring student learning.
- Interact with participants across disciplines and institutions
View the key dates and call for proposals (guidelines/instructions).
- Friday, December 1: Early deadline for submitting proposals
- Friday, December 15: Notification for early proposals
- Wednesday, December 13: Regular deadline for submitting proposals
- Friday, January 10: Notification for regular proposals
Presenters will have the option to include their abstracts and presentation materials within USI’s Scholarly Open Access Repository (SOAR), which is indexed on Google Scholar and provides additional visibility of their works.
Thank you to our 2024 Symposium Committee members, who serve on the organizing committee, proposal reviewers, and session facilitators.
The Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning (CETL) is proud to offer the annual Celebration of Teaching & Learning Symposium. We are grateful for the continued support provided by the Office of the Provost, David L. Rice Library, and Online Learning.