The College of Nursing and Health Professions at the University of Southern Indiana houses a Clinical Simulation Center for students pursuing careers in health care. The Clinical Simulation Center (CSC), which is designed to have the appearance and feel of a real hospital, is a realistic, safe environment in which students may practice newly-gained skills and knowledge before entering the clinical setting where they will encounter real patients.
The Clinical Simulation Center is located on the second floor of the Health Professions Center and is open Monday through Thursday, 8 am-8 pm Friday 8 am- 4:30 pm.
Mission & Vision
Prepare health professions students to deliver safe quality care through the integration of simulation methodologies and interprofessional education.
Promote healthy communities through simulation-based teaching and interprofessional education.
- Implement simulation-based learning in all health profession curricula.
- Promote patient safety and improve student’s clinical decision-making abilities through team-based interprofessional health care delivery simulations.
- Incorporate evidence-based simulation strategies.
- Contribute to the field of health care simulation research.
- Serve as a resource for other healthcare professionals, educators, and researchers in the field of simulation.