- Applicant must have earned a high school diploma from accredited institution.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicant must provide proof of financial statement to prove ability (personal or sponsor) to pay for living expenses and tuition while in the United States.
- Applicants planning to pursue a university degree at USI after completion of the IEP, must also meet the bachelor or master degree program requirements.
Applying to USI Intensive English Program
To apply to the Intensive English Program at the University of Southern Indiana, please follow these instructions:
- Complete the International Student Application for the Intensive English Program (complete online from International Student Application) with $40 application fee. The fee can be paid at the end of the online application. Please indicate that you will be attending the Intensive English Program first and that you are interested in a particular major after you successfully complete the IEP. Download tips for completing the application.
- Provide a copy of a passport for you and dependents, if you bring any.
- Provide original transcripts of all secondary schools, colleges, and universities with an English translation (with graduation date). Click here to upload your records through USI secure form.
- Provide a.) original bank statement (U.S. currency) or a letter from a sponsor in the amount required and b.) the Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 Statement of Finances.
- Students currently in the U.S. on a J-1 or F-1 visa and who will be transferring directly to USI from another U.S. school or university must also submit an International Student Transfer Form.
Once all documents are received and reviewed, an admission decision will be made. Students are notified of the admission decision by email. Start application process at least 2 months before the session you want to start.
After Completing the Application
Now that you have completed the application process to USI, get a jump start by submitting your required immigration documents to receive your I-20 or DS-2019.