Students may apply for undergraduate or graduate admission and admission to the Intensive English Program simultaneously.
Undergraduate Conditional Admission
- Conditional admission without TOEFL or IELTS upon successful completion of IEP to the University of Southern Indiana will be granted for students whose academic or professional qualifications are very good but whose English language needs improvement.
- Students will need to graduate from the Intensive English Program in order to be eligible to enroll in a major at USI. Due to the competitive nature of the programs at USI, acceptance into the academic program also depends upon meeting the requirements set by each individual program. If additional documents are needed, you will be contacted by the Admission representative.
- If you are already proficient in English and do not need IEP, please refer to the acceptable proficiency tests below:
- TOEFL - IBT minimum 71, PBT minimum 527
- IELTS – minimum 6.0
- Cambridge English Advanced – minimum 169
- EIKEN – minimum Grade Pre-1*
Graduate Conditional Admission
- Graduate students can apply as non-degree seeking for the Intensive English Program only and can apply for a graduate program while attending English classes. Graduate students have to submit a minimum ibtTOEFL score of 79 or a minimum IELTS score of 6 for application purposes. Higher scores may be required for some programs. Students should check for additional program requirements before applying. For more information, please refer to Graduate Studies.