The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of tuition assistance to eligible military spouses. The scholarship assists military spouses in pursuing licenses, certifications or associate degrees necessary to gain employment in an occupation or career field. Spouses may use their My Career Advancement Account Scholarship funds at any academic institution approved for participation in the scholarship.
The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship provides a maximum tuition benefit of $4,000 with an annual fiscal year cap of $2,000 to assist eligible military spouses who need professional credentials to meet their career goals. Annual cap waivers are available for licensure and certificate programs if there is an upfront tuition cost that exceeds $2,000, up to the maximum education benefit of $4,000.
Who is eligible for the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship?
Spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2 and O-1 to O-2 who have successfully completed high school and have the ability to request tuition assistance while their military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders are eligible. Spouses married to members of the National Guard and reserves in these same pay grades are eligible.
Those who are not eligible include the following:
• Spouses who are married but legally separated, or under court order or statute of any state or U.S. territory, from a member of the armed forces on Title 10 orders
• Spouses whose National Guard or reserves military sponsor is in a warning orders or alert, post-deployment, demobilization or transition status
The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship will NOT pay for the following:
• Tuition for courses and examinations not included in the spouse’s Education and Training Plan and courses already started or completed by the spouse
• Reimbursements of any kind
• Books, supplies, equipment, uniforms, computers and electronic devices of any kind
• Student activities, events and entertainment
• Prepayment or deposits for future courses, unless costs are part of a block of study
For more information, please visit: https://mycaa.militaryonesource.mil/mycaa.