2023 Faculty Excellence Awards
Excellence in Teaching
Dr. Ken Walsh
Excellence in Scholarship
Dr. Todd Nelson
Excellence in Service
Dr. Zane Mitchell
Excellence in Advising
Dr. Stacey Murray
Mrs. Julie Whorl
The faculty members chosen to receive these awards have gone above and beyond the call of educator and have succeeded in excelling expectations. These selected have been gone through a selection process by their respected committees and were sought to be the best of the best and deserve to be represented as such.
2023 Research Award Winners
- Dr. Jacob Lutter - Synthesis of metallamacrocylic compounds with trivalent lanthanide luminescence.
- Dr. Kyungyel Kim - Development of Fitness Switching Costs Scale - Short Form (FTCS-S): Item response theory (IRT) and classical test theory (CTT) approaches.
- Dr. Milad Rad - Microstructure Evaluation of the Coating-based De-icing Systems Developed for Protection of Steel Pipes Against Freezing and Bursting.
- Dr. Alyssa Weatherholt - Influencing High School Students to the Kinesiology and Sport Department Programs Through Active Engagement
- Alison Grabert - USI Regional Science Olympiad
- Alexandria Etienne, Madison Gerbig, and Dr. Alex Champagne (Faculty Mentor) - Is the Fountain of Youth in the Tropics? Molecular Underpinnings of Metabolism and Aging in Tropical and Temperate Birds.
- Caleb Burkdoll and Dr. Jeannie Collins (Faculty Mentor) - Analysis of Cytoskeletal Motor Proteins of Class Myxomycetes.