- Request a TCard
- Have your trip info ready (e.g., event documentation, estimates, funding sources, Academic Affairs Travel Request & Class Coverage Form)
- Note: Contact your Chair, Dean, or Director regarding your area's internal approval processes for business trips
- Submit a Pre-Approval (PA) in Chrome River
- Note: A PA is needed in order to use your TCard and/or be reimbursed for eligible business trip expenses
- Note: A PA should be entered at least one to two weeks (more is better) prior to the trip departure date
- Book Travel
- Submit an Expense Report (ER) in Chrome River
- Note: Submit an ER within two weeks of using your TCard to reconcile the transactions of pre-trip expenses (e.g., registration, airfare)
- Note: Submit another ER after the trip is complete to reconcile all additional TCard transactions and/or reimbursement of eligible business trip expenses
Send an email to your Chair, Dean, or Director to document the business trip for workman's comp purposes.
Send an email to Travel.USI@usi.edu to let Travel Procurement know your trip has been canceled.
Made a travel purchase? Cancel the purchase and, when possible, request a refund.
Made a lodging arrangement? Cancel it promptly to avoid penalties and obtain a cancelation number from the hotel.
Send an email to Travel.USI@usi.edu to let Travel Procurement know about changes to your trip (i.e., changes of trip start/end dates).