Skip to content
Contact USI
  1. Request a TCard
  2. Have your trip info ready (e.g., event documentation, estimates, funding sources, Academic Affairs Travel Request & Class Coverage Form)
    • Note: Contact your Chair, Dean, or Director regarding your area's internal approval processes for business trips 
  3. Submit a Pre-Approval (PA) in Chrome River
    • Note: A PA is needed to use your TCard and/or be reimbursed for eligible business trip expenses
    • Note: A PA should be entered at least one to two weeks (more is better) before the trip departure date
  4. Book Travel
  5. Submit an Expense Report (ER) in Chrome River
    • Note: Submit an ER within two weeks of using your TCard to reconcile the transactions of pre-trip expenses (e.g., registration, airfare)
    • Note: Submit another ER after the trip is complete to reconcile all additional TCard transactions and/or reimbursement of eligible business trip expenses

Email your Chair, Dean, or Director to document the business trip for workman's comp purposes.


Email to let Travel Procurement know your trip has been canceled.

Additional Steps:

    • Made a travel purchase? Cancel the purchase and, when possible, request a refund.
    • Made a lodging arrangement? Cancel it promptly to avoid penalties and obtain a cancelation number from the hotel.

Send an email to to let Travel Procurement know about changes to your trip (i.e., changes in trip start/end dates).