Medical Professional Merit Scholarship Guidelines
The Medical Professional Merit Scholarship (MPS) is offered to first-year students who have demonstrated outstanding academic performance in high school and have successfully completed the EVSC-Medical Professions Academy. The scholarship can be applied towards tuition, books purchased at the USI campus store, university services fees, student activity fees, housing, and meal plans.
|MPS with distinction||MPS General|
|Amount||$2,000 per year||$1,000 per year|
|Entrance GPA||3.5 or greater||3.0 or greater|
|Maintains||3.0 or greater||2.7 or greater|
|Major||From Pott College or CNHP||---|
- Must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Continuous full-time enrollment (fall/spring)
- Successful completion of 27 credit hours (fall/spring)
- May be used for 4 consecutive years of eligibility (or until first bachelor’s degree)
Things to Know
- Earned hours and cumulative GPA will be evaluated at the conclusion of each spring semester.
- An Academic exception can be requested to the enrollment requirement for program schedule restrictions. A request must be made by the student and documented by the Academic advisor.
- A 'Leave of Absence' for one semester can be requested by the student due to extenuating circumstances such as an illness, co-op/internship, etc.
- Students who are enrolled in accelerated programs who initially start in the program during the second part of a term must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours to receive a prorated portion of the scholarship and must maintain full-time enrollment for the remainder of the program.
- If renewal criteria are not met, summer classes may be taken at USI (at student’s expense) to make up the deficiency. A written appeal will be required to request reinstatement of the scholarship.
- An appeal may be submitted to request reinstatement of scholarship due to extenuating circumstances if the renewal criteria are not met. A written appeal will be required to request reinstatement of the scholarship.
Appeals must be submitted in writing to the Student Financial Assistance Appeals Committee at USI. Please request or print an 'Appeal of Financial Aid Ineligibility' form. It can be found under the Forms & Handouts button on the Student Financial Assistance website. Decisions of the Appeals Committee are final.
All participating students must maintain good standing at USI. Students who are dismissed from the University for any reason, forfeit all entitlement to this scholarship.
Awards are subject to approval based on availability of funding. No cash refunds are made to students from this scholarship.
Students may check their MyUSI account for the most current financial aid information. USI reserves the right to make necessary adjustments. Renewal of this scholarship depends upon future funding. The University reserves the right to change scholarships, policies, and award amounts. The right to correct errors is also reserved.
Questions about the Medical Professional Merit Scholarship guidelines?
Contact the Student Financial Assistance office at 812-464-1767 or 800-467-1965; or email email@example.com. Business hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (central time).