The following is a list of USI scholarships that have special regulations. Each scholarship has its own set of guidelines that must be followed in order to renew the scholarship each year. Failure to comply with the guidelines may result in cancellation of the scholarship and forfeiture of all future entitlement. Choose your scholarship(s) to read and print the scholarship guidelines.
Complete guidelines for the following 2021-2022 scholarships will be available soon!
- David L. Rice Merit Scholarship (Awarded for Fall 2021 and Beyond)
- Illinois Regional Award (Awarded for Fall 2021 and Beyond)
- Kentucky Regional Award (Awarded for Fall 2021 and Beyond)
- Out of State Grant (Awarded for Fall 2021 and Beyond)
- Out of State Transfer Grant (Awarded for Fall 2021 and Beyond)
- Out of State Transfer Top Scholar Award (Awarded for Fall 2021 and Beyond)
Presidential Scholarship recipients must maintain a cumulative USI grade point average of 3.2 (4-point scale) through 59 semester hours attempted; thereafter, the student must maintain a 3.4 cumulative GPA. A minimum of 27 semester hours must be successfully completed each academic year. In addition, a Presidential Scholar must maintain full-time enrollment (minimum of 12 semester hours) in each regular semester (fall and spring). Scholarship coverage of summer enrollment requires special arrangements to be made with the director of Student Financial Assistance.
Scholarship rules for the 50 plus different scholarships provided by the USI Foundation vary. Contact the director of Student Financial Assistance for specific information about your scholarship. Call 812-464-1767. Long distance callers may use 800-467-1965.