Student and Program Outcomes
Five-year period pass rate* on Registration Examination for Dietitians within on year following first attempt (ACEND, 2017 Accreditation Standards):
Years 2012 - 2016
Five-year average: 100%
*The pass rate on the registration exam is calculated by dividing the number of candidates who passed the exam on the first attempt and within one year following first attempt, by all candidates taking the exam plus those taking the exam within one year following first attempt.
The graduate at the completion of the program will be able to:
- evaluate the role of nutrition in optimizing health throughout the lifecycle and respond to harmful nutrition practices.
- demonstrate knowledge of nutrition as it applies to food service, dietetics, and wellness.
- demonstrate the knowledge and ability to apply management principles to nutrition and food service.
- present and evaluate food and nutrition education programs to a variety of audiences.
- assess the role that behavior, economics, and dietary supplements have on planning and eating healthy diets.
- demonstrate basic food preparation and presentation skills.
- apply food science knowledge.
- demonstrate problem-solving skills in food service, dietetics, and wellness.