Students in IEP
The IEP hosts a wide range of international students. Our largest population comes from the Middle East, but we also have students from Latin America, Asia, Eurpoe, and other places. You are all welcome!
Please refer to the student information and resources below to learn more about our IEP program and university regulations and policies.
Student Life and Services
Access to the following facilities and services:
- the physical activities room where they can also check out the sports equipment and rent bikes to ride on the university trail
- the main library where they can check out books and reserve space for studying
- housing and meal plans, or apartment housing with a shared kitchen
- transportation and parking
- pick up from the airport when they first arrive
- orientation to campus and classes the first week upon their arrival
- counseling services and health services at the Health Center on campus
- the university offers student insurance which is mandatory for all international students, but is also accepting other insurances if it satisfies the criteria and if provided by a student’s scholarship
- one-on-one tutoring with native speakers who volunteer to work with international students and help them with their communication
- conversation circles for group discussions
- writing center and academic help with all content classes once they graduate from the IEP
- once students complete the IEP, the international students have an academic advisor assigned to them who will advise them about their career path in the university
- the students have the option to be part of the international student club which organizes many social activities across the year, food fair, travels, celebrations and friendship
- host families program in process
- end of the semester celebrations and recognitions
- field trips to locations off campus for cultural experience such as Fall Festival, New Harmony summer festival, Evansville Museum, 4th of July fireworks, Toyota factory visit, picnics, bonfires, etc.
IEP follows USI’s Domestic Field Trip Policy see - https://www.usi.edu/riskmanagement/fieldtrips/. In addition to the university policy, and for supervision purposes, one (1) IEP staff member to every 10 IEP students will chaperone the field trip.