Step 1. Activate your myUSI account
- You may activate your account in myUSI with your student ID, which is located in the bottom corner of your acceptance letter.
- MyUSI is a web portal providing access to many USI services with one login. It allows you to access your grades, transcripts, email, Blackboard, view/pay bills, change your address, and much more.
- If you have any trouble accessing your myUSI account, please contact the IT Help Desk by phone at 812-465-1080 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International Students: Please also complete the International Student Orientation here and contact the Center for International Programs at email@example.com.
Step 2. Read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Step 3. Access your USI Eagles Email
- Each USI student is given an Eagles email address. This is the email address that USI will use to communicate with you, and you will use it to communicate with professors, classmates, and your advisor.
- Access your Eagles email account by logging in to myUSI and clicking on the Eagles email icon.
- For more information about USI's email system please visit the USI email page.
Step 4. Register for Courses
- You can register for courses through Self Service in myUSI.
- Click Student > Registration > Add or Drop Classes
- You can check your registration status, class schedule, and add or drop classes here.
- For helpful step-by-step instructions for registering for courses, please visit Graduate Student Registration.
- Traditional/Hybrid Students taking the In-Class & Online format need to self-register in all courses. If taking the online sections, be sure to register for the 'NO1' section of the course.
- Accelerated Online Only Students are automatically registered for one course upon acceptance to the program and then must register for all subsequent courses. Accelerated Online Only Students who have been readmitted to the program need to self-enroll in all courses. Be sure to register for the 'AO1' section of the course.
- All courses in the MBA program can be taken in any sequence you choose.
- For accelerated (8-week) courses, students can expect to devote 10-20 hours per week per course.
- Students may register for up to 12 credit hours per semester (6 credit hours per term).
- When choosing a Registration Term, please select 'Spring' for Spring 1 or Spring 2 courses, and select 'Fall' for Fall 1 or Fall 2 courses.
- When choosing a Subject, please select the subject associated with the course code. For example, if you are looking for ACCT 601, you will want to search for Accounting in the Subject box and then enter 601 in the course number box. Do not search for courses by Master of Business Administration unless the course code is MBA. The subject names you will search for are:
- Accounting (ACCT)
- Business Analytics (BAN)
- Business Law (BLAW)
- Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- Economics (ECON)
- Finance (FIN)
- Industrial Management (IM)
- Management (MNGT)
- Marketing (MKTG)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Please use our MBA Long-Term Schedule as well as the Academic Calendar for 16-week In-Person Courses and Accelerated Calendar for 8-week Online Courses to plan your degree program. Please prioritize concentration courses over core courses as these are offered less frequently than core courses.
- Textbooks and Materials: To find the textbook required for a course, please visit the Campus Bookstore. Select ‘Course Materials & Textbooks,’ and then click ‘Find Course Materials.’ Other downloadable materials may be available in BlackBoard.
- Registration for MBA classes closes at 4:30 pm Central time the Friday before the class starts. If a class is full (no seats available), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refund, drop, and grading deadlines are based on the length of the course.
- Refunds for Traditional/Hybrid Students: Those taking the "In-Class & Online" format who drop a course by the second day of the course at 4:30 pm Central time will receive a 100% refund, with partial refunds thereafter according to the Registrar's Office Refund Schedule.
- Refunds for Accelerated Online Students: Those taking the "Accelerated Online" format who drop an accelerated online course by the Friday after a course begins at 4:30 pm Central time will receive a 100% refund, with no refunds thereafter.
- To drop a course:
- Choose Self Service in myUSI
- Click Student > Registration > Add or Drop Classes
- Select ‘Drop web @100%’ from the Action dropdown menu next to the course, and then click ‘Submit Changes.'
Academic Bulletin - Be sure to select the Graduate Bulletin from the drop-down menu (upper right)
How to use the Course Schedule Planner
Planning Your Degree Program Instructions
Step 5. Be mindful of important dates
- Please record important dates from USI's Academic Calendar on to your personal calendar.
- Be sure to also view the Accelerated Calendar for 8-week Online Courses if you are taking online courses.
Step 6. Prepare for Online Learning
Please review the Online Learning Resources to prepare for your coursework.
Step 7. Access your course in Blackboard
- Access all course materials and activities in Blackboard Learn, a course management system used by USI faculty and students.
- You can enter the system by clicking on the Blackboard icon in myUSI. Please note that classes do not populate in Blackboard until on or just before the first day of class.
- To get started, visit the Blackboard Student Tutorial.
- Students who have been automatically enrolled in their first course must log in to the course Blackboard site within the first week of class to be considered as participating. Non-participating students will be automatically withdrawn from the course and program. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Step 8. Apply for Graduation
- All students are required to apply for graduation even if they do not plan to attend a Commencement ceremony.
- If you plan to complete your MBA program in Spring 1, Spring 2, Summer 1, or Summer 2, please apply for Spring graduation.
- If you plan to complete your MBA program in Fall 1 or Fall 2, please apply for Fall graduation.
- For graduation application instructions, please visit How to Apply to Graduate.
- The commencement ceremony for Spring graduates occurs in May, and the commencement ceremony for Fall graduates occurs in December.
- The USI Registrar's Office will email students with information on how to apply for graduation, along with the graduation application deadline, and information about how to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- For more information, please visit USI Commencement.
Step 9. Monitor your progress in DegreeWorks
- DegreeWorks is a web-based tool to help students monitor progress toward degree completion.
- You can access DegreeWorks by clicking on the graduation cap icon in myUSI.
- Courses that you have registered for, completed, or are in progress can be viewed here, along with your grades for each and your overall GPA in the program.
- All students will take an end-of-program assessment. MBA assessments are required for degree completion and are administered during each student's last term in the program.
- The assessment includes a content assessment, which covers the MBA core curriculum, and one of four skill areas (critical thinking, analytical problem solving, written communication, or ethical decision making) developed within the MBA curriculum.
- Assessment results are used for the AACSB accrediting process and determining the need for curricular interventions.
- Student performance is evaluated on a collective rather than individual basis, so your score will not impact your GPA.
- Please have a financial calculator accessible while completing this assessment.
- Assessments will be marked 'Complete' in DegreeWorks by the end of the semester.
- Once all required courses have been completed and graduation requirements have been met, degrees are conferred by the USI Registrar's Office.
Questions about the MBA Program:
Questions about Enrollment and Graduation:
Questions about Tuition Payment: