For complete reference to all academic policies affecting graduate students view the current Graduate Bulletin. If further information is needed concerning graduate policies, call 812-465-7015 or email Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
Information included in the Graduate Bulletin include:
- Academic Records
- Course Numbers
- Credit Hour Policy
- Enrollment Verification
- General Requirements
- Academic Year
- Administrative Withdrawal for Non-Attendance
- Class Attendance
- Class Load
- Class Schedules
- Enrollment and Registration
- Final Exam Schedule
- General Student Policies
- Grades and Grading Policies
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Grade Report
- Grading System
- Policies and Procedures
- Academic Advisement
- Academic Grievance
- Auditing Graduate Classes
- Course Repeat Policy
- Degree Progression
- Enrollment Status for Financial Aid
- Petition Procedures
- Posthumous Recognition of Students
- Readmission Procedures
- Standards of Progress (Dismissal Policy)
- Students' Records
- Workshop Credits
Complete the Change of Graduate Program form if:
- you are accepted into a graduate program at USI and
- needing to change your current graduate program, or
- needing to change your current program track, or
- adding a concentration, or
- adding an additional certificate.
Once submitted, the form will go through our approval process. Please allow two weeks for processing.
Continuing and non degree-seeking or guest graduate students are scheduled for priority registration by their graduate program. If you are not/were not enrolled in the most recent semester, but have been enrolled previously, contact the School of Graduate Studies to begin the readmission process.
Links below are to documents and forms with instructions on how to write a final graduate project report to fulfill graduation requirements for a graduate program at the University of Southern Indiana and how and when to submit the thesis/report and the required forms to the Graduate Studies Office for formal approval and acceptance.
Ed.D. Research Proposal Template →
View all recorded professional development opportunities here.
View all online student resources here.
Travel Award Applications must be submitted no later than one month prior to date of event. Submissions after this time frame cannot be processed.
Research or Travel Funding Application →
Candidates for graduation must file with the Registrar's Office a Formal Application for Graduation and a Diploma Form. If degree requirements will be completed in a spring or summer term, the forms should be submitted no later than October 1 of the preceding fall term. If degree requirements will be completed in the fall term, the forms should be submitted no later than March 1 of the preceding spring term. The Application for Graduation may be obtained at the office of the student's graduate program director. The Diploma Form is submitted online by visiting the Registrar's website. Timely submission of the Formal Application for Graduation and Diploma Form help ensure that degree candidates receive commencement mailings, appear in the printed commencement program, and will have a diploma ordered.
- Maintain a B (3.0) average or better in all graduate work (higher GPA may be required in certain programs).
- Maintain continuous enrollment in graduate work.
- Complete degree requirements, including a minimum of 30 hours of graduate credit, within seven years of enrollment in the first course(s) counting for degree credit in the program or retake or validate courses exceeding this time limit.
Request to have Diploma mailed →
- Participating in the ceremony? View the Screaming Eagles Arena Prohibited Items and Security Policy →
Counseling and Psychological Services →
Recreation, Fitness, and Wellness Center →
USI Public Safety can be reached at 812-492-7777 or ext. 7777 from a campus phone line.
The Fresh Start Program is designed to benefit former USI graduate students who are returning to the University after an extended absence and whose previous academic record was unsatisfactory (student was academically dismissed or on academic probation). This Fresh Start Program allows a readmitting student who wishes to complete an unfinished graduate degree a one-time opportunity to apply for a "Fresh Start." The Fresh Start Program does not apply to certificate programs.
As a member of the USI community, students have access to a wealth of resources to support your success. Here you will have many opportunities to learn, to grow, and to get involved in an endless variety of opportunities, intellectually, personally and professionally. As with any community, there are rules that have been developed to ensure a supportive and appropriate environment for learning. While these rules pertain primarily to students, they are consistent with the expectations for all members of the USI community.