Delay in Progression
Progression through the nursing program will be delayed if a student:
- Withdraws from a nursing course (with or without evaluation)
- Postpones enrollment in any nursing course
- Fails to achieve a “C” or higher in a nursing or pre-requisite course
Any of these circumstances require readmission into the Nursing Program, and a change in plan of study. The student must submit a Request for Readmission form to the Chair of the Admission and Progression Committee for review, no later than 5 business days after the conclusion of the course in which these circumstances occur.
The Undergraduate Nursing Admission and Progression Committee will meet to review the request, and the student will be notified of the decision to accept or deny readmission.
Students may only be readmitted to the Nursing Program one time. Readmission to the Nursing Program is not guaranteed.
Readmission will likely delay graduation date and will require a revised plan of study.
Licensure and graduation papers will not be completed until the final semester of the program.
Factors that will be considered in the decision to readmit a student include, but are not limited to:
- Availability of space in courses.
- Course sequencing.
- Student performance including grades, professional behavior, and clinical performance.
- Pre-existing Performance Improvement Plans.