Skip to content
Contact USI

Transfer Information

Transfer students are expected to meet the minimum requirements for admission to the Bachelor of Social Work program. Students may receive information on Admission to the University of Southern Indiana via the University Admission website.

Transfer students should adhere to the application deadlines.

Students must be admitted to the University before the Social Work Department can consider an application for admission to the BSW program.

A general credit evaluation is completed for all entering transfer students by the Credentials Analyst, Transfer Evaluation Section of the USI Registrar's Office. Transfer students should submit official transcripts from each school attended when they apply to the University of Southern Indiana.

Once admitted to USI and provided a username and password, students may electronically retrieve information on how courses transferred by running a Degree Works Report located on the student's self-service records.

If a student has questions about Core 39 courses prior to transferring, he or she should contact the Social Work Department at 812-464-1843. Questions can be answered by telephone, e-mail or in person by meeting with an advisor from the Social Work Department. A list of transfer equivalencies for Social Work is maintained by the University and the Social Work Department and can be provided to students at their request. If a student believes a social work course will transfer, he or she should obtain a course description from the college or university where the course was taken. This course description can then be reviewed by Social Work Department faculty and staff in order to determine transferability.

Students enrolled in college-level work at a regionally accredited institution of higher learning while still in high school will receive college credit if the college courses meet standards for transfer and are submitted on an official college transcript.

All transfer students are required to complete a university orientation session and meet with an advisor to plan their academic program and complete registration. Orientation may be completed online if the student meets the credit hour requirement.