At the University of Southern Indiana, we value our faculty, support staff and administrators, and recognize them as our greatest asset. The University provides a competitive benefits package for eligible employees, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, paid time off, and University contribution retirement plans.
- Wednesday June 27, 2018
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Room: UC 226 & 227
Are you participating or thinking about participating in the Anthem HSA Plan? This workshop will help answer questions about the rules of a Health Savings Account or HSA.
- Who is eligible to participate?
- What purchases can you make with HSA funds?
- How does HSA affect my taxes?
- What are the tax advantages of an HSA?
- How can my HSA help save for future medical costs?
TIAA is introducing monthly webinars through its interactive site called the Virtual Environment: www.tiaa.org/ve. This innovative resource offers users 24/7 access to a wide range of articles, on-demand seminars, and live monthly seminars on a variety of essential financial topics.
Live webinars to boost financial know-how
The live events will give participants real world financial tips, tactics and techniques to help start, build, and maintain your retirement savings. Space at these webinars is on a first-come, first-served basis. Employees can reserve their place at any of the webinars by visiting www.tiaa.org/ve.
TIAA will offer new webinars throughout the year including topics like navigating women’s unique financial challenges, how to manage income in retirement, etc., so visit the virtual environment today to sign up.
Appropriate Referrals to Counseling - March 23, 2018 11:00 AM to 11:30 AM
Frequently employees turn to their supervisors as their first attempt to get help with a personal problem. Knowing when to listen, when to help and when to refer to the company's Employee Assistance Program is important. This workshop focuses on helping supervisors maintain the supervisory relationship, knowing when to listen and when to make a referral to counseling.
Effective Employee Communication - April 25, 2018 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Clear communications with employees is an essential supervisory skill. Avoiding some of the common pitfalls in personal and employee communication is important. This training focuses on avoiding some common mistakes in employee communication and promotes positive and clear communication.
Dealing With Difficult People - May 14, 2018 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Many types of people are encountered in our daily lives; some are more difficult to work with than others. This training identifies different types of personalities and ideas on how to deal with each type.
March 28, 2018 - 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM and 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
March 29, 2018 - 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM and 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
This workshop educates employees and supervisors on FMLA. The workshop reviews expectations and responsibilities of supervisors and employees. The workshop specifically reviews USI's policies regarding FMLA.
March 21, 2018 - 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM and 10:00 PM to 11:00 PM
USI will host Savings/Retirement Workshops to educate and inspire our workforce! Do you want to learn about the benefits of saving, how to save, how to budget, when to start saving for retirement? Then this event is for you! Visit the Savings/Retirement Workshop Page for more information!
In January 2018, INPRS will be launching its new self-service secure website but before then, there’s a few things you may wish to do.
- Log on to your INPRS account and print off any statements and 1099s you’d like to keep. After Dec. 27, 2017, these will be unavailable.
- Update your personal information. You will need to call INPRS at (888) 286-3544 to make changes.
- Are you thinking of retiring? You’ll need to submit your retirement application before Dec. 3, 2017. Otherwise, you’ll have to wait until the new online retirement application becomes available in January.
- The quiet period begins on Dec. 27, 2017 – you won’t be able to make any investment changes until on or about Jan. 2, 2018. If you’re thinking about changing your investment allocations, you need to do so before or after the quiet period.
- 12/3/2017 to the week of 1/2/2018: Online retirement application unavailable, must complete application before 12/3/2017 or wait until January.
- 12/27/2017 at 4 p.m. EST to on or about 1/2/2018: Quiet period – no investment changes can be made while we update our website
- The week of 1/2/2018: INPRS’s new self-service secure website goes live!
- 1/2/2018 New phone number – (844) GO-INPRS, or (844) 464-6777
Click Here for more info!
To make changes to your USI insurance benefits, you must have a qualifying event. Otherwise make changes during our annual Open Enrollment period in October-November. 2018 Open enrollment is now closed.
Our 2017 Wellness Fair was a great success, we love seeing people of all ages come out to learn about wellness. USI supports employees with their wellness goals. Keep your wellness on track, visit the Rec Center for group exercise, educational workshops and wellness resources. Did you know that USI has multiple trails on and around campus? Visit the USI Trails website for maps and information.
The University also offers on-campus benefits and conveniences such as use of the Recreation, Fitness and Wellness Center, University Health Center, Dental Clinic, Rice Library, and childcare at the Children's Learning Center. Discounts are available at the USI Campus Store and Screaming Eagles athletic home games.
Tuition fee waivers are available for eligible employees, their spouses and dependents. Employees may also have fees waived for noncredit courses offered by Outreach and Engagement.
Off campus benefits including local business employee discounts also are available.
Need a form? Check out the Benefits Portal page for the latest benefits forms.