During the Open Enrollment period as a retiree, you have the opportunity to evaluate your insurance needs and make changes in your benefits for the following plan year. The 2022 Virtual Benefits Open Enrollment period will be October 21, 2021, through November 4, 2021. As always USI listens to retirees, and we adjust plans with your feedback in mind. Last year we moved away from Anthem because of extensive customer service and claims administration issues and this year we have lowered the deductibles and premiums and we are opening both Medicare Advantage Plans to all retirees.
- What’s new for 2022?
- Lower deductibles
- Core will lower to $500 from $750
- Buy-up will lower to $250 from $500
- Lower Premiums
- Choice in plans - UHC Buy-up or UHC Core
- What do I need to do during Open Enrollment?
- Inform the Benefits Team of any changes you wish to make and complete the Amwins election form.
- Remember to update Amwins with any billing changes
- Remember to update beneficiaries at TIAA and with USI
- Presentations from United Healthcare & Amwins (see below for link)
- Representatives from USI’s benefits providers will be available by phone to answer questions
- USI’s benefits team will be available to answer questions by phone or zoom
- Flu Shots will be available from the University Health Center
- October 27, 2021 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. - HP0100 (check in at Health Center First)
- November 3, 2021 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. - Orr Center-drive through or in the Orr Center lobby
- Bring a copy of your medical insurance card
To view presentation click here: 10/25/2021
Online Event PW: Retiree10/25
To view presentation click here: 11/02/2021
Online Event PW: Retiree11/02
Recording of Educational Session:
Who is Amwins?
Amwins is the company that handles eligibility and billing for the university retiree plans. Once an eligible employee reaches retirement, they will set up payment with Amwins.
Who is United Healthcare?
United Healthcare is the company that provides the University's retirement health plans. The University offers a Medicare Advantage plan to eligible retirees.
Can my Spouse be on a different Medicare Advantage plan than me?
The Medicare Advantage plans are single plans, but a retirees spouse's coverage is based on the retirees coverage, so if the retiree is on the Core plan then the spouse has to be on the Core plan.
Can I keep Anthem?
If an eligible employee is not yet eligible for Medicare then they will remain on the Anthem Health Plan until they are eligible. Once they are eligible they will automatically switch to the Medicare Advantage Plan.
How can I lower my Prescription cost?
Prescriptions costs can be high, but there are ways to save. Retirees can contact United Healthcare to ensure they are using the Preferred Pharmacy Network and consider using the Home Delivery 90 day supply for maintenance drugs. In addition retirees can check on the best places to get prescriptions by visiting the following price comparison websites.
GoodRx - Compare prices and get coupons for prescriptions. Good Rx coupons can be used instead of insurance. The pharmacy can tell you which is the better deal. Click on the link for more information.
BlinkHealth - Compare prices and get coupons for prescriptions. Blink Health coupons can be used instead of insurance. The pharmacy can tell you which is the better deal. Click on the link for more information.
Who is the dental provider?
Paramount Dental (formerly HRI) is the current dental provider for the University. There is typically not a card issued at retirement.
What about Vision?
Vision is not offered as a retirement benefit but can be extended by 18 months through COBRA once you retire.
Wendy Seitz – 812-464-1790
Stephanie West – 812-461-5466
Amy Miller – 812-464-1781