Doctor of Nursing Practice - Post MSN Admission
Applicants are required to meet the following criteria for consideration:
- Completed master's degree in nursing from a nationally-accredited nursing program and a regionally-accredited college or university
- Earned graduate program GPA of 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent
- Satisfactorily completed a course in graduate research (grade of B or better)
All application materials for admission review, including all transcripts, must be received by the proper departments prior to fall semester. One cannot be considered until both applications are deemed complete. Please note that admission is competitive.
Applicants seeking admission to the Doctor of Nursing Practice program must complete two applications:
Application number one - USI Graduate Studies Application:
The following admission materials must be submitted to the Graduate Studies office before the Nursing Application Deadline:
• A completed Graduate Studies application. Click here to begin the Graduate Studies Application.
• Non-refundable $40 application fee.
• Official transcripts from every attended university or college.
• International students may be required to provide additional materials.
• Detailed information can be found on the Graduate Studies website.
The Nursing Admissions Committee cannot review your application without confirmation that your application to the University of Southern Indiana Graduate Studies is complete.
Application number two - USI DNP Program Application:
- Application to the College of Nursing and Health Professions' DNP program This is the application to the College of Nursing and Health Professions DP Program. Once you have successfully submitted this application, you will receive a confirmation email that an application was submitted.
- Current professional resume or curriculum vitae.
- Statement of professional goals. In a typewritten paper (1-2 page narrative ) describing your practice experience and your professional goals, including the area of nursing practice you will focus on in the program.
- Please submit the resume/curriculum vitae and the statement of goals as one pdf document, resume first, as an attachment via email from the email address you noted on your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line of the email should be DNP Application Documents. Applicants will receive a confirmation email once the document has been reviewed for completeness.
- Three references submitted via the online DNP Reference Form. This is an online reference form - please send the link provided to your reference and supply your reference with your email address in order for you to receive confirmation of reference form submission. A minimum of one reference should be from faculty from your graduate program.
- Complete the DNP Project Information Form. This is an online form to complete and submit. Describe a practice related issue that will serve as the focus of your DNP project; include the significance and impact of the project to nursing and health care.
- Faculty may request an interview with an applicant once all the admission criteria listed above have been met.
Graduate Studies Application: https://www.usi.edu/graduatestudies/admission-to-graduate-programs
DNP Nursing Application: https://www.usi.edu/health/ssl/apply/nursdnp.aspx
DNP Reference Form: https://usisurvey.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_73R0SNGTuuhDWAd
DNP Project Information Form: https://usisurvey.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3xF0gD4Wk9VzmW9
Application deadline is January 15 for the following fall. Admission is once a year.