Grow Your Career with a Master’s in Nursing Online Program
The master’s in nursing online program at the University of Southern Indiana is an affordable and convenient way to advance your nursing career. In this program, you will expand your knowledge and build on existing skills so that you can think critically, judge correctly, provide leadership, and continue to offer the essential values of care in whatever work you do.
Our 100% online degree program is designed specifically for practicing nurses like you who are looking to take their careers to the next level. With options to personalize your coursework around your specific goals and availability, we are committed to providing you with the freedom and flexibility to be successful in your job and in your life. We also offer admission into the program three times a year, so you don't have to wait to begin the next step in your career.
Our master’s in nursing online program is ranked as one of the best online graduate nursing programs in the nation by U.S. News and World Report. It’s also ranked one of the best online graduate nursing programs for veterans. This is because we are committed to providing you with the high-quality academics, dedicated faculty and staff, and vital student support to ensure you reach your full potential and excel in your chosen field.
What Can You Do With a Degree in Nursing?
Our master's in nursing online degree offers a range of specialty tracks to help you pursue an advanced career in nursing. Whether you enroll in one of the University of Southern Indiana nurse practitioner programs or our clinical nurse specialist online program, you will receive the specific training to reach your professional and academic goals.
Once you complete our online Master of Science in Nursing, you’ll discover new opportunities to careers such as:
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from a nationally-accredited nursing program and a regionally-accredited college or university earned prior to applying to the MSN program.
- A minimum cumulative baccalaureate grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale. GPAs are reviewed based upon the total BSN GPA. This includes transfer courses in RN Completion programs.
- Satisfactory completion of a course in undergraduate statistics (grade C or better) at the time of application.
- An unencumbered US RN license in all states of practice.
- Recommended but not required: one year full-time or two thousand hours of clinical practice as an RN within the last five years.
The MSN and Post MSN online programs are limited to working with certain states in the U.S. only. Moving into a state not recognized by the graduate nursing program will lead to inability to continue in MSN coursework. The exception to this is active military status. Click here to see your availability.
- Submit an online application and $40 application fee.
- Submit transcripts to Graduate Studies.
- Official transcripts are required only from the institution at which your highest degree was earned. Electronic transcripts are preferred and can be emailed from the previous institution to Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
- Unofficial transcripts from other institutions attended can be submitted via email by the applicant to Graduate.Studies@usi.edu
- Applicants who wish to seek transfer credit for graduate coursework must submit an official transcript from the institution where that work was completed.
- Mailed transcripts can be sent to this address:
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Blvd.
Evansville, IN 47712
- Read the full transcript policy by clicking here.
- International applicants may be required to submit additional information.
Are you an out-of-state student interested in pursuing the master’s in nursing online degree at USI or determining if the graduate nursing programs meet individual state requirements for employment? Check your eligibility.
The MSN and Post MSN online programs are limited to working with certain states in the U.S. only. Moving into a state not recognized by the graduate nursing program will lead to inability to continue in MSN coursework. The exception to this is active military status.
The master's degree program in nursing at the University of Southern Indiana is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Earn Your Master of Science in Nursing Degree on Your Time
Our 100% online Master of Science in Nursing program not only gives you the freedom to schedule your coursework around your availability, but it also lets you choose your start date. We offer admission into the program three times a year and will work with you to provide a plan of study that will help you reach your goals and graduate on time.
|Course Start||Application Deadline||Document Deadline|
|Spring Semester (January)||September 1st||September 15th|
|Summer Semester (May)||February 1st||February 15th|
|Fall Semester (August)||August 1st||August 15th|
"The evidence-based practice that I have gained through different clinical guidelines have been key in furthering my knowledge and preparing me for a future as an Advanced Practice Nurse and as a future medical provider."
- Jordan Morrison, MSN Student