You should apply as a freshman if you have earned a diploma from an accredited high school, but never attended a college or university before (other than ESL).
- Complete the online Admissions Application and pay the $40 application fee.
- Submit Official Academic Records from all secondary schools you have attended. Submit your records online.
APPLICANTS FROM CHINESE SCHOOLS: Do not submit your records through the upload form above. Please arrange for a verification report of your high school or university transcript. The report must be mailed directly to USI Admissions by the China Academic Degree and Graduate Education Development Center CDGDC or Center for Student Services and Development, Ministry of Education, P.R. China CSSD.
- Submit Official proof of English Proficiency.
- Submit either official ACT or SAT scores, if required
- If you have taken some time off from school, please submit an explanation of what you have been doing since you graduated from high school until the month you plan to enroll at USI.
Once all requirements are received and reviewed an admission decision will be made. Students are notified of their admission decision by email. We reserve the right to require a third party NACES certified credentials evaluation for complex educational backgrounds.
Now that you have completed the application process to USI, get a jump start by submitting your required immigration documents to receive your I-20 or DS-2019.