You should apply as a transfer student if you are currently attending or have previously attended a college or university in any country before enrolling at USI.
- Complete the online Admissions Application and pay the $40 application fee.
For assistance, please view the How to Apply video below or the application tips in English and Spanish.
- Submit Official Academic Records from all secondary schools and colleges or universities you have attended. If you are transferring from a U.S. college or university, contact the Registrar at your school to have your transcript sent to USI. For colleges and universities outside the U.S., you can speed up your application processing by submitting copies of your official academic records and degree certificates on our secure online form. You will need to mail original, official academic records to process your transfer credit and finalize your application.
IMPORTANT: If you are currently enrolled at another school, do not send your transcript until you have grades for everything except your final term.
TRANSFER APPLICANTS FROM CHINESE UNIVERSITIES: Please arrange for a verification report of your university transcript. The report must be mailed directly to USI Admissions by the CDGDC or CHESICC.
- China Academic Degree and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC)
- China Higher Education Student Information & Career Center (CHESICC)
- Submit Official proof of English Proficiency.
- Submit either official ACT or SAT scores, if required.
- If you have taken some time off from school, please submit an explanation of what you have been doing since you were last enrolled until the month you plan to enroll at USI.
Once all requirements are received and reviewed an admission decision will be made. Students are notified of their admission decision by email. We reserve the right to require a third party NACES certified credentials evaluation for complex educational backgrounds.
Now that you have completed the application process to USI, get a jump start by submitting your required immigration documents to receive your I-20 or DS-2019.
Transfer Credit Evaluation
Once all requirements are received and reviewed, an admission decision will be made. Students are notified of the admission decision by email.
Credits earned through educational institutions located outside the United States will be considered for transfer credit after an appropriate evaluation. Educational institutions must be recognized by the Ministry of Education (or other accrediting body) of the respective country in order for credit to be accepted. USI will evaluate transcripts for transfer credit after the student has been admitted.
If a student has attended an undergraduate or graduate program outside the U.S. and wished to earn transfer credit, the university must receive the following items in order to conduct a Transfer Credit Evaluation:
- Final, Official Academic Records sent by mail in a sealed envelope or submitted electronically by the university or college directly to USI - photocopies not accepted
- Course descriptions available from the school website and/or class syllabi translated into English
- Official information on the institution's grading system
We reserve the right to request students to send their documents to an evaluation agency for a course-by-course evaluation report if necessary.
Please visit Credit by Exam or use USI's Transfer Evaluation Self-Service (TESS) for additional resources.