Master of Science in Nursing Admission
The admission requirement for the Graduate Nursing Program are as follows:
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from a nationally-accredited nursing program and a regionally-accredited college or university earned prior to applying to the MSN program.
- ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE a minimum cumulative baccalaureate grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale. GPAs are reviewed based upon the total BSN GPA. This includes transfer courses in RN Completion programs.
- Satisfactory completion of a course in undergraduate statistics (grade C or better) at the time of application.
- An unencumbered US RN license in all states of practice.
- Recommended but not required: one year full-time or two thousand hours of clinical practice as an RN within the last five years.
All application materials for admission review, including all transcripts, must be received by the proper departments by February 1 for fall admission.
The MSN and Post MSN online programs are limited to working with certain states in the U.S. only. Moving into a state not recognized by the graduate nursing program will lead to inability to continue in MSN coursework. The exception to this is active military status.
Application number one - USI Graduate Studies Application:
The following admission materials must be submitted to the Graduate Studies office before the Nursing Application Deadline:
• A completed Graduate Studies application. Click here to begin the Graduate Studies Application.
• Non-refundable $40 application fee.
• Official transcripts from every attended university or college.
• International students may be required to provide additional materials.
• Detailed information can be found on the Graduate Studies website.
The Nursing Admissions Committee cannot review your application without confirmation that your application to the University of Southern Indiana Graduate Studies is complete.
Application number two - USI MSN Nursing Program Application:
- Application to the MSN Program. This is the application to the College of Nursing and Health Professions Master of Science in Nursing Program. Once you have successfully submitted this application, you will receive a confirmation email that an application was submitted.
- Current professional resume or curriculum vitae.
- Statement of professional goals. In a typewritten paper (200 words) describe your academic and professional goals and how a graduate education will assist you in attaining these goals.
- Please submit the resume/curriculum vitae and the statement of professional goals as one pdf document, resume first, as an attachment via email from the email address you noted on your application to email@example.com. Subject line of the email should be MSN Application Documents. Applicants will receive a confirmation email once the document has been reviewed for completeness.
- Two references submitted via the online Graduate Nursing Reference form. This is an online reference form - please send the link provided to your reference and supply your reference with your email address in order for you to receive confirmation of reference form submission.
Graduate Studies Webpage: http://www.usi.edu/graduatestudies/admission-to-graduate-programs/
MSN Nursing Application: https://www.usi.edu/health/ssl/apply/nursmsn.aspx
Graduate Nursing Reference Form: https://usinhp.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6WOhqURQLyp2i69