This course will outline the root causes of dysfunctions in a work team and keys to overcoming them. Because teams are made of humans with varied interests and shortcomings, problems left untreated can spiral further and cause issues, including employee turnover and low morale. The causes of dysfunctions are both identifiable and curable; however, they don’t seem to completely go away. Making a team functional and cohesive requires hard work and buy-in by all members of the team. Any individual, regardless of level, can have a positive or negative impact on the team. Without accountability, even the best-intentioned members can create dysfunctions within the team.
Based on the model and book by Patrick Lencioni, participants will learn the Five Dysfunctions of a Team during this four-hour interactive program:
- Absence of Trust
- Fear of Conflict
- Lack of Commitment
- Avoidance of Accountability
- Inattention to Results
Benefits teams can experience if willing to address these five dysfunctions are:
- Being comfortable asking for help, admitting mistakes, taking risks, offering feedback
- Avoid wasting time talking about the wrong issues
- Make higher quality decisions to accomplish more in less time with fewer resources
- Put critical topics on the table and have lively meetings
- Tap into skills and experience of one another
- Align the team around common objectives
- Retain star employees/decrease turn-over
What other Lifelong Learners say about this course:
"It was so easy and exactly what we were looking for. Paula met with us, listened, asked questions, and came up with a training that met our needs. The trainer was excellent. She was really interesting, had applicable stories and scenarios to share, and gave great answers to questions. We could have listened to her all day!
Head of Bookmobile/Outreach Services
Alexandrian Public Library
Whether it is shortening a training to fit in one day, increasing the curriculum to cover several classes,
or changing the location of the training from here at USI to your location,
we have the training you are looking for to grow your business.
Get Started Today
Request more information to get started on a needs assessment.