Participants in this five-day program will learn how to effectively train adults on almost any subject matter. The program focuses on engaging participants to improve learning and retention of material.
We customize this course to fit your organization’s needs by using one of your organization’s training modules, or a leadership development module can be provided. Participants will learn and demonstrate facilitation and training techniques for the adult learner. Teaching methods used in the program include lecture, discussion, individual/group activities and a presentation to demonstrate skills. All activities, from introduction to final program debrief, will incorporate teaching and facilitating strategies.
At the completion of this course, participants will have learned the following skills:
- Apply adult learning concepts and develop supportive climates
- Use training activities and alternatives to lecture, strategize for different learning needs and create effective questioning techniques
- Prepare properly for a training session, and prepare participants to foster learning
- Lead and encourage participants of all backgrounds and learning styles
- Address challenging participants and behaviors
- Practice giving and receiving feedback
- Present and facilitate a training program, including use of learning aids
This course is limited to 15 participants for optimal learning. Materials include two resource books and a participant workbook.
Whether it is shortening a training to fit in one day, increasing the curriculum to cover several classes,
or changing the location of the training from here at USI to your location,
we have the training you are looking for to grow your business.
Get Started Today
Request more information to get started on a needs assessment.