As companies strive for the most efficient use of staff, business professionals are often filling unfamiliar roles such as managing facilities. This course is designed to give business professionals the basic information and skills needed to manage facilities, a role which could include the following tasks: organizing and administering a department, managing buildings and work spaces, managing a budget, overseeing maintenance and operations, overseeing projects, leasing and purchasing property, facility emergency preparedness, facility security management, facility safety programs and sustainability.
Upon completion of this 20-hour course participants will have knowledge of:
- How to develop strategies for being proactive rather than reactive
- How to plan strategically to determine priorities and goals that align with anticipated costs and expenditures
- A more comprehensive understanding of the four elements of managing projects - scope, time, quality and budget
- Facility planning and how to create effective corporate work space
- Workplace requirements to support business needs
- When and how to outsource facility services
- Related contract management skills
- Purchasing, bidding, and negotiating
- Office support systems and technology
- Facility maintenance and repair programs
- Financial management, planning, and controls
- How to prepare a facility operating expense budget based on “need”
- How to prepare a capital budget based on facility business requirements
Whether it is shortening a training to fit in one day, increasing the curriculum to cover several classes,
or changing the location of the training from here at USI to your location,
we have the training you are looking for to grow your business.
Get Started Today
Request more information to get started on a needs assessment.