What is empathy, and why is it important in the workplace? Should every manager or leader have the capability to demonstrate empathy? In a study by the Center for Creative Leadership, managers who showed more empathy toward direct reports were viewed as better performers in their jobs by their bosses. Some people naturally exude empathy giving them an advantage over their peers who have difficulty expressing empathy. The good news is that empathy is not a fixed trait and can be learned. This three-hour program will help participants to understand the importance of practicing empathy in the workplace and simple ways to improve empathy skills.
At the completion of this interactive training program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance and role of empathy in the workplace
- Describe the barriers to being empathetic
- Know how to develop empathy
- Demonstrate increased empathetic skills from hands-on practice during the training
- How to express empathy during difficult conversations
Whether it is shortening a training to fit in one day, increasing the curriculum to cover several classes,
or changing the location of the training from here at USI to your location,
we have the training you are looking for to grow your business.
Get Started Today
Request more information to get started on a needs assessment.