According to Project Management Institute (PMI), there is a widening gap between employers needing skilled project management employees and the availability of those skilled workers to fill the roles. The Essentials of Project Management program is considered an “intermediate” level training program in comparison to USI’s in-depth 35-hour Project Management Certificate Program that preps one for the certification testing. USI Outreach & Engagement is now offering this intermediate-level project management training to assist clients who need their employees to develop project management skills and competencies.
This course is designed for the following target audience:
- Those who have never done project management but have become responsible for projects and need to know how to do the job well.
- Those who need a foundational knowledge of project management concepts as an enabler for working on a project team (e.g. engineers, procurement specialists, project controls, QA).
- Those who may be planning to sit for the PMI CAPM or PMP exams and desire educational hours applicable to project management.
- Those who desire professional development in project management, to be more effective professionals and to progress their career path.
This program includes four modules covering key project management topics with activities at the end of each section as well as assignments where participants check their understanding of the material and apply what they have learned before moving on to the next module.
- Gain foundational project management knowledge from reading and class presentations
- Apply their knowledge through case study activities, some of which will be assessed
- Acquire tools such as templates and worksheets that can be used in their day-to-day job
- Discuss with other students how to approach difficult situations
- Reflect on their progress and assess their knowledge gain
- Evaluate their understanding through online quizzes
- Access valuable reference materials in the robust Resource Center containing links to videos, articles, blogs, templates, books and reviews
The Essentials of Project Management program runs approximately 20-23 hours to help fulfill the 23 hours of project management education required to sit for the CAPM exam. In addition to a participant fee, USI will provide the required class materials for each participant at a charge of $325 per participant. The materials fee also covers the cost of access to online class materials for one year after participants have completed this training program.
Module 1: Project Management – The Discipline and the Profession
Module 2: Planning and Balancing Project Work
Module 3: Executing, Controlling, and Closing the Project
Module 4: Strategic Values of Projects
Whether it is shortening a training to fit in one day, increasing the curriculum to cover several classes,
or changing the location of the training from here at USI to your location,
we have the training you are looking for to grow your business.
Get Started Today
Request more information to get started on a needs assessment.