USI offers online noncredit courses with two different learning styles; instructor lead or self paced.
Learn from home or your desk at work, on your schedule. All you need is an e-mail address and a computer with a reliable Internet connection to get started. We offer courses and certificate programs from several providers to meet a wide variety of educational needs and goals. The list below is just a sampling of the many opportunities available.
- Accounting and Finance
- College Readiness
- Computer Applications
- Computer Programming
- Design and Composition
- Information Technology
- Language and Arts
- Law and Legal
- Teaching and Education*
- Test Prep
- Writing and Publishing
- Business and Professional
- Career Online High School
- Hospitality and Service Industry
- IT and Software Development
- Management and Corporate
- Media and Design
- Skilled Trades and Industrial
- Sustainable Energy and Going Green
- Build Apps
- Green Ed
- Industrial Training
- Information Technology
- Microsoft Bundles and Individual Courses
- Non-Profit Training
- Professions, Trades
- Project Management Certificate Prep (PMI)
- Travel Agency Certificates
- Workplace Training
- Advanced Certificate Course in Structured Writing for Technical Documentation
- Basic Certificate in Technical Writing
- Certificate Course in Writing for a Global Market
- Certificate Course in Technical Business Writing for Engineers
- Certificate in Technical Communication with Emphasis in Project Management
- Certificate in Technical Writing for Current Technical Writers
- Technical Communication Industry Certificate - Mastery Level
- Workplace Experience Certificate (Learning Assessment Service)
- Writers at Work Technical Certificate Program
Online continuing education for K-12 educators
Now educators can enroll in short online courses tailored to their needs and available 24 hours a day. New courses begin every month, most at a cost of $115, and consist of two lessons and two quizzes each week. Upon completion of the final exam, participants can print a certificate of completion. Access to each lesson expires after 2 weeks, meaning courses can take up to eight weeks to complete. Topics include technology integration, SMART Boards, creating a classroom web site, working with ESL/EFL students, classroom Spanish, Singapore Math Strategies, reading and writing strategies for working with students with autism or ADHD. To view current Teaching and Education offerings. Call Outreach and Engagement at 812-464-1989 with questions.
The University of Southern Indiana (USI) is proud to announce a new partnership with Virtual Education Software, Inc. (VESi) to offer online noncredit courses targeted toward the needs of K-12 educators.
- Advanced Classroom Management
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Autism and Asperger's Disorder
- Child Abuse
- Early Childhood
- Reading Strategies
VESi and the University of Southern Indiana strongly encourage you to check with your school district and/or licensing agency to verify these course offerings will meet your district and/or state requirements for salary advancement and/or state certificate re-licensure before registering.
VESi courses are now tablet compatible, making it easy for you to re-certify anytime, anywhere with reliable, stable online access. To register, visit virtualeduc.com/usi/.
FOR CREDIT ONLINE LEARNING
USI also offers 320+ courses and 7 undergraduate programs, 9 master’s programs, 3 doctoral programs, & multiple graduate certificates completely online.
For more information on online learning for credit courses, visit usi.edu/onlinelearning