Sigma Tau Delta - International English Honor Society
Sigma Tau Delta is an international English honor society. The University of Southern Indiana's Mu Phi chapter is a fun, lively, energetic and goal-directed group of outstanding students.
Learn more about the National Organization here.
At A Glance
English Honor Society for students at accredited colleges and universities that grant baccalaureate or higher degrees.
What we have done recently?
- Presented papers at the National Convention in Cincinnati
- Fundraised for the Warrick County Imagination Library
- Shared food and games at the Spring semester potluck
- Received plaque for our 30th anniversary at the National Convention in Louisville
- Trekked to New Orleans for the annual Sigma Tau Delta conference, where we received a plaque for our chapter's 25th anniversary, attended workshops and panels, explored Bourbon Street and the French Quarter, visited the world-famous Café du Monde and in general had a great time
- Hosted a Christmas party for the English Department
- Organized a book drive to benefit the Youth Village in Vincennes
So why should you join?
Members of Sigma Tau Delta can:
- Compete for many generous scholarships and awards
- Present papers at the annual conference
- Submit work to be considered for publication in the society's two international journals, The Review (scholarly work) and The Rectangle (creative), as well as in the new Midwest region online journal, Ex Medio
- Be recognized in many other ways for scholarship, leadership and service
In order to become a member of the University of Southern Indiana chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a 3.25 GPA in English classes and a 3.0 overall
- Have completed 12 English hours (not counting 101 and 201).
- Pay dues of $58 (covers lifetime membership)
- Complete and submit an application.
Membership applications are available here, outside the Sigma Tau Delta room, or from the chapter sponsor.
For More Information
The Sigma Tau Delta room is located on the third floor of the Orr Center in room 3005.
Join us in Welcoming the newest Sigma Tau Delta members of the Mu Phi Chapter!
The students inducted were:
Hannah Payne went to this years convention in Boulder, Colorado.
Program Faculty Contact