The Professional Internship Program
The Communication and Media Department’s Professional Internship Program, like other forms of experiential learning, is an important factor for how our students make the smooth transition from student to professional.
Professional internships are a great way to start building a base of experience — and get classroom credit at the same time. In addition to helping our students develop the competencies employers seek in the workforce, our Professional Internship Program provides students with:
- Opportunities to apply and practice the skills and abilities they acquire in the classroom
- Valuable experience as a communication professional
- Insight into specific careers or the world of work in general
- The potential to network with other professionals
- The capacity to hone job search skills, improve resumes, practice interviewing skills, and cultivate other abilities for a successful job search
Recent Internship Sites
Learn More About Our Student Interns
How to participate
To participate in the Department of Communication and Media Professional Internship Program, students must:
- Be a junior or senior
- Have consent of their academic advisor
- Register for ADV, CMST, COMM, JRN, PRL, or RTV 489
- Enter their internship information on Career Launch
Receiving Credit for an Internship? Click here for more information.
To receive academic credit for internships, students should follow these steps: Steps to Completing the Communication and Media Internship.